If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There was no original quad motor config and there is a solid chance the tri motor is still coming.

In that context, $89k would make sense for the quad.

We’re way out in the weeds here. It’s like trying to put a puzzle together when you don’t have all the pieces or a picture of what it will look like.
I was thinking of the tri-motor.....if we have to upgrade to quad, then thats where some may have issues with pricing.....me included.....I can handle the original tri-motor, but not the quad......I just cant justify it....my M3 and MS with free charging is going well with no issues
Sponsored

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
at $89k plus FSD (12K) and tax (7.75% in Ca) that is going to put it well over $100K...lots different than the original $69k.......now they are not even putting in charge cable......
69k was for the tri motor. obviously the quad will cost more. and idk what the fuss is about tesla not including the connector anymore. ive had a model 3 for 3 years and havent used it once. everyone in my family (3 people) has teslas too and theyve never used it either. spend the $500 on a wall connector and use supercharging on the road if needed.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
Hypothetic question here. Some experts are estimating that the base Quad Motor Cybertruck may start at $89,900 plus a $1200 destination fee ($91,100 total).

Tri Motor reservation holders, are you still in?

A6DDD926-3452-4B27-B42D-F3DBD8878233.jpeg
That's not a huge premium for the upgrade.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
69k was for the tri motor. obviously the quad will cost more. and idk what the fuss is about tesla not including the connector anymore. ive had a model 3 for 3 years and havent used it once. everyone in my family (3 people) has teslas too and theyve never used it either. spend the $500 on a wall connector and use supercharging on the road if needed.
Well, that is you and if you have xtra like you say, reach me in message. I will help take them off your hands. I’m super stoked you don’t ever use yours.
customers should be asked if they want a cable or not. The whole point of the connector is for protection. Sort of like insurance. Im totally down if you would like give cable/cables to me since you never use them.
Id truly appreciate it.

Tesla: “sir would you like a cable with your new bad ass machine?” You :
” um no. I have no need for them at all. We have a wall charger ! Thank you though” “ tesla: “ok sir.

Some want and some don’t. You would be a customer that does not care to have one. That’s Cool.

A business should ask.

This would be professional and most importantly, with that amount of money being spent, expected. No brainer.
But, taken away? Not even offered? No way.
That, in most peoples eyes, is a cheap move.
Tesla still wins across the board with all groups if they were to just “ASK”
if the customers would want a cable or not for vehicle.

btw, I use original charge cable for mostly trickle charging my car/bike.
I’d like to share something.
I have had my bike on a trickle with the same original battery for years. My friend, went through 2 in the same amount of time.😳
I go on vacation, I leave tesla on original charge cable. Set to 80% and she holds til I get back. Blows me away you and your family seem to never have a use for the cables.

it’s no secret . Trickle charge gives battery LONG ASS LIFE!
🤔

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
This is kind of weird to think about. Would you go to a regular dealer and tell them how much more you'd be willing to pay for a vehicle that you've already agreed to a price on? I know... this is not a dealership. But, what if... just what if... Elon ran across polls like this and said "Hey, it looks like most people are okay with a higher price and they even expect it."?
I'd rather him run across statements like "See how Rivian tried to raise the prices on their most loyal fans? Tesla would never do that. Elon would rather see the company lose money on the first bunch of Cybertrucks than deal with all the bad press."

Of course, that probably won't happen and it wouldn't matter either way. I'd love if Tesla stuck by their guns but I would not be surprised if the price stuck with inflation...

My congonculator says inflation has gone up 12.46% since 2019. That means the truck I reserved for $69,900 would now sell for $78,607. I wouldn't feel too bad about that. (Actually, I ordered mine in 2020 for $69,900 so it would be $77,649 right now.) I expect Tesla to honor my FSD price of $7,000 though as the costs for that are intangible.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My congonculator says inflation has gone up 12.46% since 2019. That means the truck I reserved for $69,900 would now sell for $78,607. I wouldn't feel too bad about that. (Actually, I ordered mine in 2020 for $69,900 so it would be $77,649 right now.) I expect Tesla to honor my FSD price of $7,000 though as the costs for that are intangible.
The reservation wasn’t for a truck delivered in 2019 though. It was for a truck delivered in late 2021.

Tesla understands inflation and priced the truck accordingly. In particular Tesla understands the cost of raw materials for batteries would be coming under pressure.

The only unexpected inflation the is the period from when the truck was due and when it actually launches. So from EOY 2021 until 2023. Not from 2019 until now.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Regarding original question

If personal income increased greater or equal to 12.5% from announcement to fulfillment, the proposed price impact is the same. If under, the impact is greater and a decision should be made.

If you do not want, buy and sell to me… just saying

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
That is nearly $115,000 CAD. Add in FSD, taxes, delivery, its close to $135,000. Cyberquad for another $15k. Not gonna happen...

I just need a big battery. I don't need extra motors. Sadly, I fear the CT is slipping out of reach.
Don't forget about the Federal Luxury Tax that was imposed at the start of this year.
10% Levy at $100,000 + 20% Levy for any amount above $100,00.01.

Meaning that a $135,000 CT would have an added Luxury Tax of $17,000 CAD ($10,000 + $7,000) (in addition to HST/GST, delivery, etc...).

Unless something has changed or a workaround has been established, I'm surprised no one who would be impacted hasn't been speaking out against this.

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
No price increase for early reservation. The ugliest tire and rim combination may end up being standard and the upgraded package is 5 figures. (Also standard tires delays build)

Original price will not change

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No price increase for early reservation. The ugliest tire and rim combination may end up being standard and the upgraded package is 5 figures. (Also standard tires delays build)

Original price will not change
No fears. This thread is about the quad motor truck. Wasn’t in the original launch.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I agree, but we ACTUALLY get faster charging with the portable charger plugged into our 220v than we were getting at our old home with the wall charger. Haven't even bothered reinstalling because of that. The huff puff on charging is slightly funny to me though. I don't think removing the charger was wise, but.. alas
Sponsored