If Tesla can raise pre existing Tesla roof contract, what to stop them from raising the pre orders of CT?

LoneWolfO6

First Name
T
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Occupation
Retired Military
Country flag

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Is it legal? Read the contract. The answer to your question is there. (hint.... yes)

I don't think anyone will be surprised that the CT1 will be years after the CT2 and CT3, and then it'll be offered for two weeks, then promptly removed. Tesla has done this with the M3 and MY. Expect it, don't be surprised.

Will prices change? Yup, no doubt!

Will FSD price change for those that have reservations? No, because Tesla said it wouldn't.

Will the CT2 and CT3 have price changes before all the reservations holders take delivery? Yup, no doubt!

It'll take YEARS for everyone to get their CT and material costs change by the minute.

It is what it is until you have a signed purchase agreement.

Last edited:

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
In summary of what has been said: You currently have a reservation that allows you the option to configure & order a CT, NOT a signed purchase contract. Until you have a finalized order, nothing is guaranteed.

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
I had taught it locked in the base pre-order base price, no?
As well as the FSD option price as of when you made the pre-order, if you chose that option.
All other options are whatever price their at when they decide to let us option it more.
If we want.

TheLastStarfighter

Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had taught it locked in the base pre-order base price, no?
As well as the FSD option price as of when you made the pre-order, if you chose that option.
All other options are whatever price their at when they decide to let us option it more.
If we want.
When I ordered it didn't say anything like a price total, and nothing guaranteed except FSD. That was explicit in saying checking this box protects you against future price increases.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏🝗尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Crissa always says Tesla will have a huge class action vs them if they increase the price from what they said (the 40k, 50k, 70k) but the paperwork you signed when you put down the $100 says prices are subject to change and not guaranteed....
ill find it... "any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change"

and also in that paper it says you agree not to sue, and if so in small claims court..."if not resolved within 60 days, you agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between you and Tesla will not be decided by a judge or jury but instead by a single arbitrator"

"In other words, you and Tesla may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action."

all that being said, it still in their best interest to keep the prices low and what they said they would. at least for a while

Last edited:

empiredown

First Name
Stacy
Reaction score
Vehicles
10 Tacoma 4x4 Crew, 19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Nothing. If they want too sell less CTs...

android04

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Here's some info based on the Model 3.

On March 31st, 2016 Tesla unveiled the Model 3. It stated that it would start at $35,000, have at least 215 miles of range, and that first deliveries would be at the end of 2017. Tesla hit all those targets. The only point of contention would be that the $35,000 Model 3 (aka the Model 3 SR) was not available until early 2019 and was off-menu for the 21 months that it was available. Tesla discontinued it in late 2020.

The Model 3s produced for the 1st year were all LR RWD and started at $49,000. There were no AWD or Performance until July of 2018. Tesla didn't care or prioritize wether one ordered AP or EAP or neither for deliveries.

Advertisement

TSLA Stock

Advertisement