If you could request three factory add-ons, what would they be?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
1..Fold out solar panels to cover the entire truck like an awning, perfect for camping
2.. fold down rear seats for bed extension
3.. SpaceX package, which would include pressurized cabin. Air pressure boosters.
The SpaceX cold air boosters might be neat on the Roadster which will likely weigh less than half what the Cybertruck does…. But it’s going to take some monster air to move the truck significantly
Sponsored

Bitmaster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
1. Starlink
2. Speedo and other gauges in front of steering wheel
3. extra range

Also like winch option and especially like the real spare, mounted on a swingaway behind the tailgate.
Love option 2. I'm not a fan of the minimalist styling.

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
1. Antigrav hover mode (c'mon Elon we know you're working on this)
2. Railgun (hey maybe Russia/China will invade)
3. Solar panels for when the power grid fails

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is true. It is much more efficient to coast.
I would certainly prefer the option.

Personally, highway driving would be full coast with regen only used to maintain speed on downhills, town driving would be 1 foot driving.

bootcoder

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Ford Excursion
Occupation
Software Eng
Country flag
1. Dual charging ports
Port on both sides, preferably larger packs each port could charge a portion of the pack independently or function normally under a single plug in from either. Additionally it would be fabulous those ports could send/receive power from a towed battery like say an AirStream with a M3 pack in the floorboards.

2. Work table style powered frunk
Wanted this prior to Lightning reveal. Frunk should open along with grill to a useable flat space with a lip on the leading edge to prevent roll away of things. Lots of power and LED lighting.

3. Multiple undercarriage camera's
Think rock crawler visibility, you could see each wheel at nearly ground level

4. (/S) Electro Defense Mode
Think Sentry mode with bite. When engaged the exterior steel could be electrified on contact to..... deter break-ins

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck If you could request three factory add-ons, what would they be? 1645840826161

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
2. Work table style powered frunk
Wanted this prior to Lightning reveal. Frunk should open along with grill to a useable flat space with a lip on the leading edge to prevent roll away of things. Lots of power and LED lighting.
The bottom of the Cybertruck frunk will likely be a lot lower than the Ford. Likely way too low to act as a work surface. It would be nice regardless to have it open along the bottom so you don’t have to lift things over the lip of the frunk to get them in or out.

3. Multiple undercarriage camera's
Think rock crawler visibility, you could see each wheel at nearly ground level
Musk was talking about Wi-Fi cameras for reversing. I’m hoping there will be options to add multiple remote cameras wherever you want. For that matter, I mentioned in the App Store thread, the ability to add arbitrary BlueTooth or Wi-Fi accessories.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
But I don't like one-pedal driving. And mixing regen on the accelerator has been determined to be less efficient Wh/mi.

-Crissa
ave to

What you will find in practice is that efficiency is not ruled by whether regen is on the go pedal or the stop pedal but how the driver uses it. I coast all the time in my Model 3 simply by applying the throttle to the appropriate position.

I would be interesting in seeing the study that "determined" regen on the accelerator reduced efficiency It could be a test designed to make Tesla's look inferior. In any case, the results of any test of this nature would depend upon the skill of the drivers and how long they had been using one pedal driving. It wouldn't surprise me if ham-footed drivers that used the accelerator as an on-off switch might not return very good efficiency.
Sponsored