Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Same. I always try to make sure I have atleast one vehicle with 4WD or AWD and since this will replace my Subaru Outback... And it seemed like a no brainer compared to the Model Y, since I would be saving up for either and the money down on a Cybertruck was much less than a Model Y.

WallyJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Dual
Country flag
Same. I always try to make sure I have atleast one vehicle with 4WD or AWD and since this will replace my Subaru Outback... And it seemed like a no brainer compared to the Model Y, since I would be saving up for either and the money down on a Cybertruck was much less than a Model Y.
Yeah, I have been hooked on the idea of a Tesla for awhile and have been saving towards the 3 or Y when the truck was announced. Decided I don't want to go back to a car that is hard to get in and out of and missed having a truck so that is the direction I am heading now. The production delay actually works out in my favor as it gives me more time to save so that instead of a big loan maybe I can pay most if not all of it at time of delivery.

When did you order? I ordered 48 hours after the event. (Sat pm, 11/23 I think?)

OP
OP
ldjessee

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Couple of weeks ago when I finally wore... I mean convinced my wife. ;)

I had a google document and research for my next vehicle, probably a Jeep Gladiator as I didn't think Tesla would make a truck I would want. Then I started comparing it to the Gladiator, the Model Y, and a Jeep Wrangler... and because the trim I was picking, they ended up in the $50k+ range, so then the dual motor was well within line.

I have wanted a Teska vehicle for sometime, but the S was too expensive and the Model 3 too small. I even thought about a used one...
We have had our Leaf coming up on 3 years and when we got that to replace my wife's car, it started us down a path that made it easier to accept EVs.

I wanted one, but we take long trips and thought that we would need a gas car for that, but as the supercharger network kept growing, it became obvious that we could go completely EV.

I am hoping to eventually replace my motorcycle with an EV one, like say a Zero Motorcycle... but after the CyberTruck!

OP
OP
ldjessee

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
By the time I get mine, I assume I will not be the first one to take it to Badlands in Attica, IN, but that was the last place I went offroading in my own vehicle.

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
Zionsville dual motor here

Jyak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR, Model Y LR, Cybertruck reserved.
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
By the time I get mine, I assume I will not be the first one to take it to Badlands in Attica, IN, but that was the last place I went offroading in my own vehicle.
I'm low on the list too, but also have taken my Jeep to badlands. It is only half an hour away. Some of the trails will probably be a bit too tight for the CT!

sjirons

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Hotelier
Country flag
Goshen, Indiana here. Ordered my Tri motor over the weekend after debating forever. I'm not sold on the exterior look. But, I figure I'll get used to it. I was debating between a Model Y, Cyber Truck, or the Audi E-tron. I currently have the non electric Audi Q7. I love the look of the Audi, but the charging network is horrible. So, that left me between the Model Y and the Cybertruck. I chose the truck due the cargo space. I need cargo room for Costco runs, camping trips, and the like.

Cyber500

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima & Chrysler Town & Country
Country flag
There’s a Foundation Series CT at the Castleton location! I’m not sure how long it’ll be there, so go see it while you can!
Sponsored