Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I watched a video on YouTube that was about Tesla insuring cars in California now and maybe expanding the market to the rest of the country. The way the guy explained it was that insurance in California for Teslas was very high so Tesla stepped up and started their own insurance company. He went on to explain that insurance rates are determined using data to assess risk. People with higher risk (young, tickets, accidents, etc) will pay higher rates as will people in high risk areas (major metro areas, high crime areas, etc). He also pointed out that Tesla already has a massive amount of data about Tesla owners and continue to amass that data at an ever increasing rate. I now have USAA insurance and no other company can touch their rates and we have all our insurance bundled with them which also decreases our rate. Tesla might actually beat USAA due to being able to asses my risk factor. He stated that this could be a huge cash cow for Tesla considering how many Teslas are on the road and will be hitting the road in the next few years. The numbers were impressive. That got me to thinking that Tesla might also get into financing like other manufacturers do. They might even give you a better price on the vehicle, the financing and the insurance if you bundled it all with they. What say the faithful?
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
He's got a pretty convincing story.