Is Foundation series tires limited to the All Weathers?

roadrunner32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model Y 2021
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Country flag
just wondering if I can get a more quiet tire set or will I have to wait for the later release of NON FS cyber trucks. And how long will that be, nobody knows.
Sponsored

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
FS comes with all terrain tires only.

Non FS units could start shipping near the end of this year, but no one knows for sure. The all season tires and the associated wheels will be standard on the non FS model.

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
I would prefer the all season too….seems redundant if one does not plan to off road..

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I would prefer the all season too….seems redundant if one does not plan to off road..
Yea, the AW tires are not that great for offroad, and not that good on the highway, so they don't do either well that well, prefer to have a set of true offroad tires and a set for road trips to cut down on noise and bump up range.

brur

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla plaid
Occupation
retired
Country flag
From what I have experienced the cybertruck tires are not much use in mud, they must be for rock and loose dirt.

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
I saw a post about a fellow who went in and got measurements so they should have a tire that fits the CT that isn't specific to CT. I don't know how to explain it haha

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
The higher range of 340 miles was done by Tesla on Pirelli Scorpion 285/65R20 which is not available yet. I am planning on the Michelin DEFENDER LTX PLATINUM 285/60R20 125S BSW.
They may be crap off road but I need range. Plus, this are 70,000 mile tires with 70 psi. Great for towing and range. And will be very quiet.
Anybody want a deal on the stock FS tires? I will seek as soon as I get delivery on CT and Michelins or Pirelli’s

HyperReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CB650f
Country flag
From what I have experienced the cybertruck tires are not much use in mud, they must be for rock and loose dirt.
Goodyear Wrangler Territory RT Tires... Designed for blended driving. Makes sense since we know a lot of CT drivers probably don't off-road that much.

It's basically a balance between road noise and pure off-road performance. The all season tires that will come on the base model will probably be much quieter on the road.

brur

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla plaid
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The higher range of 340 miles was done by Tesla on Pirelli Scorpion 285/65R20 which is not available yet. I am planning on the Michelin DEFENDER LTX PLATINUM 285/60R20 125S BSW.
They may be crap off road but I need range. Plus, this are 70,000 mile tires with 70 psi. Great for towing and range. And will be very quiet.
Anybody want a deal on the stock FS tires? I will seek as soon as I get delivery on CT and Michelins or Pirelli’s
would love to see your impression of the michelins

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
just wondering if I can get a more quiet tire set or will I have to wait for the later release of NON FS cyber trucks. And how long will that be, nobody knows.
Tesla only has the AT tires now. Regular tires are supposedly later this year.

It's not really a FS vs non-FS thing, they just don't have the others yet.

OP
OP

roadrunner32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model Y 2021
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Country flag
yeah, you've answered my question about the tires. probably should be another topic but, looking at the US inflation calculator a $70,000 item in 2019 would cost $85,000 but that would not include the FSD which at the time was $7,000, now its $12,000. so, 85K + 12K = 97K which is not far off from FS price of 100K so I don't see what people are complaining about. I understand that 70K cybertruck then proposed a 500 mile range. Well do you really want to be carrying around that big a battery? and the lack of 500 mile range is made up with more superchargers which was a big issue in 2019. (in most cases). I said all that to get to this point, I don't think the price will drop that in a non FS version without giving up some substantial items, like reduced range non FSD.

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
The tires they tested and got the higher range were Pirelli’s. Scorpion I think. Not available in the 285 width yet.
The Michelin is an 80psi tire. For a truck. So hard tire means less rolling resistance and in some cases less noise.

EV’s really need a foam liner inside the tire for sound deadening. I was out of town and had a flat in my X and it could not be fully repaired so I bought a new set of Michelin Cross Tours (I think) V shaped directional tread. No foam liner. Great ride, shril tire noise.
Got home and went back to Discount Tores and they had Original Continental tires WITH the foam lining. Huge difference. Yes, I only paid for one set of tires. They do 100% value trading in 30 days. Amazing.

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
yeah, you've answered my question about the tires. probably should be another topic but, looking at the US inflation calculator a $70,000 item in 2019 would cost $85,000 but that would not include the FSD which at the time was $7,000, now its $12,000. so, 85K + 12K = 97K which is not far off from FS price of 100K so I don't see what people are complaining about. I understand that 70K cybertruck then proposed a 500 mile range. Well do you really want to be carrying around that big a battery? and the lack of 500 mile range is made up with more superchargers which was a big issue in 2019. (in most cases). I said all that to get to this point, I don't think the price will drop that in a non FS version without giving up some substantial items, like reduced range non FSD.
Exactly!!

jsongster

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
FS comes with all terrain tires only.

Non FS units could start shipping near the end of this year, but no one knows for sure. The all season tires and the associated wheels will be standard on the non FS model.
As soon as the All Seasons are available, I will be buying them to replace the Off Roaders which I don’t need. I have always bought my EVs for long highway drives and on a long drive range buys you choices about where to charge. I also like bigger tires on Smaller wheels so that I needn’t whine and cry about bumping curbs occasionally. So clearly I must be crazy. Can’t wait to own and drive Tesla‘s latest tech triumph!
Sponsored