bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
Time flies. Isn’t over 12% of the ramp-up time already elapsed? And they are shopping sites and thinking logistics? How long does it take to find a site, close, develop the site, design a building, get approval for the building, build the building, design the production, design the truck, design any new battery tech required, hire the workers, train the workers, and build the trucks? 21 months?
Sponsored

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
It took China 10 months to build their plant, with 2 more months to produce. Also, since this will be two plants, with the Cyber truck not needing a pain shop, the Cyber truck side could be completed even earlier. Overall, I believe there is plenty of time still.

OP
OP

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
It took China 10 months to build their plant, with 2 more months to produce. Also, since this will be two plants, with the Cyber truck not needing a pain shop, the Cyber truck side could be completed even earlier. Overall, I believe there is plenty of time still.
Have you seen the documentary American Factory? It's about the difference between American and Asian workers (due to current culture, not due to inherent ability).

If they want to build the plant in 10 months they better build it somewhere besides Texas. It's fixing to get pretty hot here, too. As we like to say. Everything slows down then.

I'm optimistic and believe anything is possible. But something tells me the big wheel turns too slowly to make this happen inside of two years from announcement. (due to regulation, permitting, bidding, environmental concerns, etc.--if they are still shopping sites). Somewhere in BFE Texas would let them do whatever though--like out there by the F1 track.

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
Rather than Texas, how about Nebraska? There is space, rail, interstate, and a pool of college graduates coming out of Lincoln that might want to be part of one of the best engineering firms of our lifetime.
Just saying.
Working for Tesla would be WAY better than watching corn and soy grow.
Sponsored