Sarathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have ordered CyberTruck Dual motor and am from Canada. I am more interested in Yoke Steering wheel and reason for fulfilling my order is Yoke Steering Wheel. Is it legal in Canada? If not, can I buy in U.S and drive in Canada? P.S. I am from Alberta.
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I have ordered CyberTruck Dual motor and am from Canada. I am more interested in Yoke Steering wheel and reason for fulfilling my order is Yoke Steering Wheel. Is it legal in Canada? If not, can I buy in U.S and drive in Canada? P.S. I am from Alberta.
No maker would offer a model that would be illegal to "road" in that jurisdiction.

Have heard (don't know if true) that some places restrict what can be sold more than what can be driven, so a maker might sell with a round wheel and stuck-out side mirrors, but provide a yoke steerer and electronic mirrors for the owner to replace if they want.

So far, I am unaware of any federal, state, or provincial control over any aspect of the steering device (shape, size, sensitivity, thickness, position). Mind you, some yahoo will crash his Tesla and blame it on the yoke, which could lead to restrictions.
Sponsored

Last edited: