JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
This is my new favorite Cybertruck video at this time.... ;)

Good details, like 1366 cells in the pack induction motors, 800V pack and a 10% range reduction if you leave the vault open.

Also some good details on the Steer by wire setup, but they also misrepresent some details regards 48V weight reduction and exoskeleton by simplifying them too much. But that's ok for most viewers as they get the idea that way, but not so much the how.

Overall well balanced, informative and good video coverage of the CT on track.

Looks epic, I like. 😁

Now I just need a Monroe "how they built it" video, and many more details on V2X and of course BOAT MODE!

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
Nice to see someone talk about what is vs what their expectations were.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Wow,

just wow!

Bentlb3

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 wheels
Occupation
Work
Country flag
Very surprised EM chose to speak on the points he did in his presentation. I would have rather seen more on the “beast”, configurations, details on the CT line up and promoting things like that in a way that the general public could get a general overall sense of the comprehensive offering. Then add in some of the cool things that we already knew I.e we know the truck got shot up and survived. Just my opinion.

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
Great video. But disingenuous that they said it went from a 40k vehicle to a 100k…
Not that disingenuous. It went from $70 to $100k, with less range. I guess they could have said there's a 40-50% price increase. I mean the top end got 40% price hike with a 40% cut in range. My percentages are simplified as I don't want to do math this early :D

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Thanks to Jason and Hagerty for this review. This confirms why I waited 4 years and have thought about this absurd looking vehicle almost every day since. I'm a slightly reformed "car guy" who was bored with automobile technology and had gotten to a place where I just wanted smart tech, economical and reliable transportation with good performance e.g. the Tesla Model Y. The Cybertruck is all of that plus plus plus. It is a complete rethink of basic transportation, utility and performance. Frankly, I don't give a damn about the cost and long wait.

The Cybertruck will likely be my last vehicle. I added another reservation yesterday on top of my Dec 3rd 2019 reservation as a just in case. This review detailed all of my "feelings" and exhaustive research on the scant information available that kept me holding on to hope this would be what it clearly turned out to be. I am no fanboy of the "man child" that inspired this amazing product but like most of his endeavors, the results are indicative of a strong will, unique vision and amazing engineering.

I'm 100% in and can't wait for this amazing product to be my ho-hum daily driver. I care not what other people think, or want because I found the ultimate scratch for my long standing itch for the perfect vehicle.

Frank Mendez

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3, mkzh, f150
Occupation
sales
Country flag
Helps me to calm my feelings of the price increases and decreased range. Still not fully decided. I need to see and hopefully drive in real life to determine if this will be the truck I purchase.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Around 14:10 on the video, you see the "rear view" mirror display on the center screen. Can we infer that when the tonneau is closed the rear view mirror IS the display and that it is always on?

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
Good video. Can’t beat the interview with Franz and (especially) Lars the VP of Vehicle Engineering that Top Gear got. A couple takeaways…

All cybertrucks will feature tri-motor… steering

The body panels are formed using air, and are not actually contacted by the press 🤯
Sponsored