Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500
Occupation
Construction Equipment Rental
Country flag
It's clear to me that whoever truly gets mad about product delays (and I mean those that will actually spit hate and fire) doesn't fully grasp how hard it is, nor the complexities that are going on, not only from a design and production point of view, but from supply chain and political (to an extent) point of view too.

Rivian, Lucid, GM, Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Hyundai, Kia, Tesla... you name it - have all struggle to bring out products on time, or ramp up to volume production in a reasonable amount of time. Hell, most have struggled with both.

Bringing out a product is hard. Ramping is hard. Trying to do both, with new factories and multiple product lines, with parts constraints - is HARD.

It's fkn tough out there man - I think everyone needs to exude a bit more patience with ALL companies.
I agree to an extent. Right now its a crazy time and everything is in low supply. If you are coming out with a product you should know how hard it is. Yes, its very hard, but that's why they make billions of dollars. Elon Musk is always behind on products though. The CT delay is more understandable. The roadster and semi delays are just ridiculous. It seems like they don't have the technology yet to do it. And when they do Ford, GM, and everyone else will be needing tons of lithium and I would imagine another shortage there.

That being said, I would rather wait for a better product. I think the final specs are gonna blow the competition away.

Right now in the construction equipment industry it's 1-3 years if you order a product that they already have all the tooling for. Same with semi trucks. So I would imagine starting fresh right now would be an absolute nightmare.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wiper likely snapped off when they were using it to pull a Jeep out of a ditch. They are working on reinforcing it so next time it won’t break. An informant told me to expect a small truss on top of it to give it the proper strength.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
So these images give me great hope in 1 main area.. bed length! It looks like the bed is still possibly 6.5 foot or close to that. BUT.. there is now a giant question mark over one main selling point feature originally billed, which I had doubts about how they would effectively execute and I've mentioned in a post previously.. which seems like they also had to radically change to accomodate reality. That is, the tailgate now has a typical hard stop 90 degree fully open angle with cable supports to prevent damage from over extension of the hinge, when weight is loaded onto it.

The initial design was a tailgate that would fully open on a greater than 90 degree angle so that the tailgate was angled downward approx 45 degrees to the ground so that it was part of the integrated ramp.

I wasn't sure how they could feasibly do this while maintaining long term reliability of the tailgate hinge. It appears they had to give up at some point on the integrated tailgate ramp.. or at least the tailgait itself hinging in a way that would aid in the usage of the integrated ramp.

They may still have the integrated ramp russian doll feature, but it appears that would just be equivalent to placing portable ramps on the end of the open tailgate. Still better than having to carry around portable ramps, but not the optimum (ehh.. ehh.. get it :) ) feature.

The tailgate ramp as originally designed, or even keeping it at all as a feature isnt a deal breaker but it was a pretty damn cool feature as originally shown!

BTW, the truck looks way more awesome in a real situation having been used and dirtied! Another example of how au-natural weathered CT would look way f'n more awesome than any bs wrap! ;)

Plus, I LOVE that they maintained the rear brake lights hidden behind the tailgate in closed position so that when the tailgate is left open/down you are left with working brake lights. Its a nice design feature that has been overlooked in every other truck ever. True excellence in design. Now lets get the rest of that excellent design worked out!

Last edited:

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Yep. It's official. I'm all good now. This just wasn't going to be the year for the CT, I guess. It's like the CT got eliminated from the Company Profits Playoffs.

The truck looks good. Just a few more missing parts and we'll have a winner. I can't wait til next year.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The initial design was a tailgate that would fully open on a greater than 90 degree angle so that the tailgate was angled downward approx 45 degrees to the ground so that it was part of the integrated ramp.
I don’t think it was near 45 degrees, and some of the angle came from the truck tilting which should still be a thing. The whole ramp thing is questionable right now.

BTW, the truck looks way more awesome in a real situation having been used and dirtied! Another example of how au-natural weathered CT would look way f'n more awesome than any bs wrap! ;)

Plus, I LOVE that they maintained the rear brake lights hidden behind the tailgate in closed position so that when the tailgate is left open/down you are left with working brake lights. Its a nice design feature that has been overlooked in every other truck ever. True excellence in design. Now lets get the rest of that excellent design worked out!
Totally agree on both parts. This is what mine will look like most of the time.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Well all I can say is that these pics look better than the leaked ones in my opinion.

272892274_283371780369070_403937151223391165_n.jpg

272664733_1896861950515394_769773961968485064_n.jpg
Looks like Tesla is expecting us to pull a baby carriage stroller with that trailer hitch.

Last edited:

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
So these images give me great hope in 1 main area.. bed length! It looks like the bed is still possibly 6.5 foot or close to that. BUT.. there is now a giant question mark over one main selling point feature originally billed, which I had doubts about how they would effectively execute and I've mentioned in a post previously.. which seems like they also had to radically change to accomodate reality. That is, the tailgate now has a typical hard stop 90 degree fully open angle with cable supports to prevent damage from over extension of the hinge, when weight is loaded onto it.

I wasn't sure how they could feasibly do this while maintaining long term reliability of the tailgate hinge. It appears they had to give up at some point on the integrated tailgate ramp.. or at least the tailgait itself hinging in a way that would aid in the usage of the integrated ramp.

They may still have the integrated ramp russian doll feature, but it appears that would just be equivalent to placing portable ramps on the end of the open tailgate. Still better than having to carry around portable ramps, but not the optimum (ehh.. ehh.. get it :) ) feature.

The tailgate ramp as originally designed, or even keeping it at all as a feature isnt a deal breaker but it was a pretty damn cool feature as originally shown!

I hope you're right!! With a 6.5' bed, it would be the longest out of all the other EV pick-ups.

Assuming the tail gate opens max at 0-degrees, a combination of extending the length of the Russian doll ramps and/or allowing the pivot point between the tail gate and the first ramp to bend should take care of that.

As I've mentioned elsewhere I really hope the tail gate and ramp are electro-mechanical.

Tesla Cybertruck Joe Rogan takes Cybertruck for a Spin! [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] tesla-cybertruck_100725714_m
Tesla Cybertruck Joe Rogan takes Cybertruck for a Spin! [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] tesla-cybertruck-and-atv
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.