John from Cleanerwatt - "The initial pricing of the CyberTruck will be $90,000 - $120,000"

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
He does offer fairly well thought out reasons for his price estimate of $90,000 - $120,000

I can see the 2024 pricing of the CT being very high. Especially if you stack the cost of FSD on top.

I suppose if there are 1.5 million reservations, Tesla should be able to still sell close to 250,000 at a price close to $100,000.

What's your "I'm out" price?
Sponsored

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
i find all claims of final price to be hilarious; we don't know how many motors the original release will have, what type of wheels or tires.. not even the final car dimensions...
NO ONE outside of Tesla knows the manpower and cost of running 9k gigapress for manufacturing or what the error/scrap rate of the entire unboxed process will be...

and yet we have people stating with all confidence they KNOW what the price will be... perhaps Elon hasn't narrowed the price down because until he turns a few hundred to a thousand out of the line he won't know?!?!

bottom line new materials new assembly method, new assembly/manufacturing tools... all guesses of cost are just that swags <scientific wild arsed guess>

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I really enjoy his content and find him to be very credible. I just feel like he outside his realm of expertise once he gets into conjecture on pricing.

Great, great resource though for everything battery related.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i find all claims of final price to be hilarious; we don't know how many motors the original release will have, what type of wheels or tires.. not even the final car dimensions...
NO ONE outside of Tesla knows the manpower and cost of running 9k gigapress for manufacturing or what the error/scrap rate of the entire unboxed process will be...

and yet we have people stating with all confidence they KNOW what the price will be... perhaps Elon hasn't narrowed the price down because until he turns a few hundred to a thousand out of the line he won't know?!?!

bottom line new materials new assembly method, new assembly/manufacturing tools... all guesses of cost are just that swags <scientific wild arsed guess>
We are all guessing. (WAG)

Although, let's look at the Model S pricing. Approximate price is $90,000 plus $15,000 for FSD.
What about the Model X price? Approx price is $98,500 plus $15,000 for FSD.

It would not be unreasonable to think the price of an entirely new model, made with an entirely new manufacturing process, and yet to be totally sorted out 4680 batteries, would be in the same price range as the Model S and Model X. Tesla's cost structure will be high at first.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
original announced price for the model S was 60,000... when released it was sold for 57400... i can go on and look at more.. but overall tesla has tried HARD to stick close to the announced prices... i can easily see a 10-20% increase on the announced price for the CT based on macro economics etc.. but i HIGHLY doubt we will see a 50% increase...

HOWEVER, I will freely admit that is a SWAG based on historical releases .. I just don't know how the whole assembly process is going and how much waste will be created... without those numbers we just can't know.. and in all honestly till they crank the presses up to more than 2 a day i dont' think even Elon will know..

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
original announced price for the model S was 60,000... when released it was sold for 57400... i can go on and look at more.. but overall tesla has tried HARD to stick close to the announced prices... i can easily see a 10-20% increase on the announced price for the CT based on macro economics etc.. but i HIGHLY doubt we will see a 50% increase...

HOWEVER, I will freely admit that is a SWAG based on historical releases .. I just don't know how the whole assembly process is going and how much waste will be created... without those numbers we just can't know.. and in all honestly till they crank the presses up to more than 2 a day i dont' think even Elon will know..
IMO, and just my opinion, those prices announced in 2019 are out the window.

One way to accomplish that would be to not build any Dual Motors the first couple of years. (We know the single motor was quashed) and instead come out with a QUAD Motor version as the only available model at launch.

Since Tesla didn't offer a QUAD back in 2019 during the announcement, they can't be accused of bumping the price. So maybe they come out with a Quad - 300 mile, 400 mile and 500 mile range versions at varying prices. $89,000, $99,000 and $109,00.....as an example.

Either way we will know in a few more months.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
He does offer fairly well thought out reasons for his price estimate of $90,000 - $120,000

I can see the 2024 pricing of the CT being very high. Especially if you stack the cost of FSD on top.

I suppose if there are 1.5 million reservations, Tesla should be able to still sell close to 250,000 at a price close to $100,000.

What's your "I'm out" price?
Groan.

Why do we need a new thread on this?

250k once, ever, is not 250k per year.
$100k would be over a 40% increase in the price of the top model

This is ridiculous.

-Crissa

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag
Groan.

Why do we need a new thread on this?

250k once, ever, is not 250k per year.
$100k would be over a 40% increase in the price of the top model

This is ridiculous.

-Crissa
I think you are kidding yourself if you think that the OTD price (CA TAX 10%+Registration and Misc) will be less then 100k. for example 80k+7kFSD(assume 2019 booked price is honored) =87k +TX+delivery etc etc (around 13% in cali) = 98.31k

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
I think you are kidding yourself if you think that the OTD price (CA TAX 10%+Registration and Misc) will be less then 100k. for example 80k+7kFSD(assume 2019 booked price is honored) =87k +TX+delivery etc etc (around 13% in cali) = 98.31k
Why would you factor in FSD, taxes, and registration?

No one is talking about that. Just the base price.

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why would you factor in FSD, taxes, and registration?

No one is talking about that. Just the base price.
Even if you take the FSD off, most of us have to factor in the total cost of the vehicle. Nobody pays the sticker and unless you live in Oregon or a couple of other states... you will be paying tax. So if you cannot afford the total OTD price then you cannot afford the vehicle. That is the way vehicles are paid for... not MSRP. All that being said we are all guessing on the price... yes that is true, however, Elon clearly indicated that it will not be as affordable as they were hoping. I'll bet anyone on this forum $100, the initial pricing will be well north of 80k for Quad (or tri motor)

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Even if you take the FSD off, most of us have to factor in the total cost of the vehicle. Nobody pays the sticker and unless you live in Oregon or a couple of other states... you will be paying tax. So if you cannot afford the total OTD price then you cannot afford the vehicle. That is the way vehicles are paid for... not MSRP. All that being said we are all guessing on the price... yes that is true, however, Elon clearly indicated that it will not be as affordable as they were hoping. I'll bet anyone on this forum $100, the initial pricing will be well north of 80k for Quad (or tri motor)
I won't take your bet....because I agree with your price estimate.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Every state is different and that's what we are all speaking to the base price. Tesla never advertises final pricing.

Because every state is SO different, it's a dumb way to discuss pricing.

Example, South Carolina caps sales tax at $300 on a car. My MY and MS had the same sales tax.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Every state is different and that's what we are all speaking to the base price. Tesla never advertises final pricing.

Example, South Carolina caps sales tax at $300 on a car. My MY and MS had the same sales tax.
In Virginia the Sales Tax on a Cybertruck would be in the $3,500 to $4,000 range.
(trade ins do NOT reduce your taxable price)

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In Virginia the Sales Tax on a Cybertruck would be in the $3,500 to $4,000 range.
(trade ins do NOT reduce your taxable price)
RIght. So it's going to be completely different depending on where you are.

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Since ~50% of the reservations are from California... it is not dumb for those of us from California. In any event you can do your own math.

For many of us it does not matter what you can afford, it matters what you are willing to pay. I personally will not pay over $120k OTD (I am cheap like that) after that I will buy a ICE truck and deal with that until pricing comes down to what makes sense for me. Plenty of people here "have the means" to purchase this truck for 50x that price, but that won't happen.

The other portion of people on here, cannot afford much more than the pricing announced, in that case the choice of "IF they buy", is taken away from them. I think those are the people angry with what is clearly being written on the wall.
Sponsored