John from Cleanerwatt - "The initial pricing of the CyberTruck will be $90,000 - $120,000"

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think they may just produce a 300 mile dual motor with the current 4680 and those us who want the higher range cars will have to wait.
Sponsored

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Very good thought. That is what Tesla may have to do - initially. Sigh.
I think they may just produce a 300 mile dual motor with the current 4680 and those us who want the higher range cars will have to wait.
Pretty sure Tesla will want to one up the Rivian and the Lightning with the first CT, and a dual motor 300 mile CT won't come close to filling that bill.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
not saying you’re wrong - because I’m at a loss - only voicing the compelling counter-argument:

releasing a truck with at or below on-paper range compared to competitors would seem to be a black eye

everything about this truck is directed towards achieving range. makes sense in Tesla philosophy, because range is the kryptonite of BEV trucks adoption (drag kills).

a 300mi CT will tow a material load only double digit milage at highway speeds and adverse conditions

I suppose Tesla is in the unique position of touring its charging infra as the differentiator, but that seems a too nuanced argument

but again, I personally don’t see a clear answer that doesn’t also have equally compelling counter-points

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
not saying you’re wrong - because I’m at a loss - only voicing the compelling counter-argument:

releasing a truck with at or below on-paper range compared to competitors would seem to be a black eye

everything about this truck is directed towards achieving range. makes sense in Tesla philosophy, because range is the kryptonite of BEV trucks adoption (drag kills).

a 300mi CT will tow a material load only double digit milage at highway speeds and adverse conditions

I suppose Tesla is in the unique position of touring its charging infra as the differentiator, but that seems a too nuanced argument

but again, I personally don’t see a clear answer that doesn’t also have equally compelling counter-points

I initially expected to see the 500 mile version first like tesla announced but The last known version of the 4680 looked to be slightly less efficient and heavier then the 2170 equivelent.

I assume that the 250,300 and 500 mile CT will all share the same size structural pack, they will just be filled with more or less batteries.

I can see Tesla using the existing 4680's for the 250, 300 mile version since they would still fit in the same structural pack but if they do release the larger capacity first I would not be surprised if it was only 400 miles.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There were plenty of people who ordered the dual motor with a 300mile range. I think they can probably make that with the current 4680’s and satisfy the pressure to start delivering this truck. I want a quad motor with 500 mile range I just don’t think I’m going to get it yet. Maybe around the middle 24. I hope I’m wrong.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
John from Cleanerwatt, put down the crack pipe. Seriously.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Off-roading to the extreme with a Tesla car. Nothing here was impossible really! WTF...
Now think of the CT and what it could do!

It will be a GOAT!

Reason #259 why you should never buy a former rental car...

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I hope I have at least a two year wait before I'm called to configure my CT.
Since I'm in the lower 400,000 in the line this seems reasonable based on Elon's estimate for ramping up production.
I realize that people ahead of me might decide to forgo a CT based on any number of reasons thereby moving me up in the line.
I'm banking 500 a month for my down payment and paying down personal debt at a pretty good clip.
Two years ago I financed 63,000 for a new RAM 3500 we needed for the farm. That debt will be close to being paid off in two years.
Other than a tractor payment and normal monthly bills I have a decent amount for another vehicle payment.
Unless Tesla is in the finance business by then I'll prob finance through my Credit Union with at least a 10K down payment.
My cutoff point is around 90K depending on if I can finance the sale tax in with the sale price.
I don't know how that works when you buy on line.
Maybe someone can enlighten us on that.

bdmridgeback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Traverse, BDM Ridgeback, Ford Transit Connect
Occupation
Business Owner/Manager
Country flag
I'm in the first 25k for a dual motor based on the spreadsheet. I'll only buy a dual motor base model. No additional add ons, no FSD...I just need a dual motor base truck. And if it hits in over $60k I'm out. I have a 2021 Silverado Trail Boss and I'll go lease another one when my lease is up in 11 months. This one was a $54k truck with leather and a 5.3l, current ones are still under $60k. I seriously think a base dual motor with 300-400 mile range with no paint on it and what it comes with is not a $60k+ truck.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I'm in the first 25k for a dual motor based on the spreadsheet. I'll only buy a dual motor base model. No additional add ons, no FSD...I just need a dual motor base truck. And if it hits in over $60k I'm out. I have a 2021 Silverado Trail Boss and I'll go lease another one when my lease is up in 11 months. This one was a $54k truck with leather and a 5.3l, current ones are still under $60k. I seriously think a base dual motor with 300-400 mile range with no paint on it and what it comes with is not a $60k+ truck.
Understood.

And I think Elon recognizes this. He knows a lot of reservation holders will tap out once the "new and improved" price of the 2024 CyberTruck is announced.
Sponsored