Just drove the Silverado EV (Hertz rental)

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
money back for that 100% that's crazy.
When I went to Austin for the CT reveal, I had pre rented a Tesla 3 from Budget but using Costco as the connection. After waiting for 45 minutes for them to find a 3, giving me a slip of paper showing me 3rd floor, spot B20, only to find out it was never washed or charged and had 57% battery life left. Absolutely no one to talk too to make it right. Called Costco that night and they reached out to Budget along with following up with me several times. They credited me 1 full day of rental and ate the $10.00 supercharge bill. Elon / Tesla let us charge at the factory for free.
So Costco was great with multiple follow ups and Budget totally dropping the ball. But heck, $58.00 for a 2 day rental was cheaper than my 1 rib dinner at Terry Blacks BBQ.

I might need to hit up Lax Hertz and check out the truck.

Rick

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
When I went to Austin for the CT reveal, I had pre rented a Tesla 3 from Budget but using Costco as the connection. After waiting for 45 minutes for them to find a 3, giving me a slip of paper showing me 3rd floor, spot B20, only to find out it was never washed or charged and had 57% battery life left. Absolutely no one to talk too to make it right. Called Costco that night and they reached out to Budget along with following up with me several times. They credited me 1 full day of rental and ate the $10.00 supercharge bill. Elon / Tesla let us charge at the factory for free.
So Costco was great with multiple follow ups and Budget totally dropping the ball. But heck, $58.00 for a 2 day rental was cheaper than my 1 rib dinner at Terry Blacks BBQ.

I might need to hit up Lax Hertz and check out the truck.

Rick
Well that worked out in your favor for sure. Also got to go to the CT Reveal is awesome!

TruckYeah99

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender; Hummer EV SUV
Country flag
But...but...450 miles range!!!
Make sure you tow a Hummer to the mountains in 30-degree weather at 70 mph before you turn it in and let us know how it goes!
For sure a 3WT trim. This truck needs a full charge and more miles before it’ll show the full 393 range for the 3WT

DelPhonic1

First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Cybertruck Tri-Motor ordered
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
That's what happens when you brute force range with a massive and heavy battery.
Kyle at Out of Spec calls it a gargantuan battery pack with a truck stuck on top of it.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
But...but...450 miles range!!!
Make sure you tow a Hummer to the mountains in 30-degree weather at 70 mph before you turn it in and let us know how it goes!
This might be the 3WT model with the smaller battery.
Out of Spec Review had a 3WT Hertz rental so likely that was this is.

Tesla Cybertruck Just drove the Silverado EV (Hertz rental) 96fnFLI
Sponsored