intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Just ordered a second CT. The reservation number is ~7,556,000 higher than my first order which was made on Nov 23, 2019.

The reservation was still $100. So the rumors of an increase to $250 fee are totally false.
I think the reservation fee should be $1000.

Anyone putting down $100 dollars now, knows it won't be available for 4 years so many are not serious. They are just doing it like a lottery ticket.

Requiring a $1000 deposit, like Rivian does, is more sensible. It eliminates the non-serious.

In fact, I would be fine if Tesla emailed me and told me to maintain my current reservation I need to send them $900 dollars to bring my deposit to $1000. A thousand dollars is nothing if you are truly serious.
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I did not intend to upset anybody. Ill should have worded it better. But I never claimed you faked anything. You brought that up.

My claims are:
1. Reservation number grew by more than 7.5M.
2. The fee is $100
3. The order agreement references to No Resellers. The order agreement on my 2019 order is blank.
There are not 7.5m Cybertruck reserves. The $100 is back.

It’s clearly developing

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I think the reservation fee should be $1000.

Anyone putting down $100 dollars now, knows it won't be available for 4 years so many are not serious. They are just doing it like a lottery ticket.

Requiring a $1000 deposit, like Rivian does, is more sensible. It eliminates the non-serious.

In fact, I would be fine if Tesla emailed me and told me to maintain my current reservation I need to send them $900 dollars to bring my deposit to $1000. A thousand dollars is nothing if you are truly serious.

My 2019 deposit was made at a time when I put EVERY spare dollar I had into $TSLA stock, and at that time stock price was 1/10th what it is now. It kind of sticks in my craw that the opportunity cost of my $100 reservation is $1000. If I were facing $10,000 in lost brokerage balance (if 2019 reservation had been $1000) I'd've been gritting my teeth so hard that by now I'd be down to my jaw bone.

I'm glad it was only $100, my heart couldn't take more.

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Just ordered 2nd CT.  Res RN1204637** 1701188970530

What is the guess for the reservation queue depth? Accurate 1.5M or more?

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sad as a res today won’t be available for 7 years
Insane

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
My 2019 deposit was made at a time when I put EVERY spare dollar I had into $TSLA stock, and at that time stock price was 1/10th what it is now. It kind of sticks in my craw that the opportunity cost of my $100 reservation is $1000. If I were facing $10,000 in lost brokerage balance (if 2019 reservation had been $1000) I'd've been gritting my teeth so hard that by now I'd be down to my jaw bone.

I'm glad it was only $100, my heart couldn't take more.
Aaah. Businesses need to sell their products, and require deposits.
Now that they are starting to deliver them to customers, $1000 is the minimum I would recommend to require from buyers. It is no longer lost opportunity. It is time to start the purchase process.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
so that also results in the res # position scale is very wrong. there's nowhere near 7 mill res.
Indeed, I've never taken that seriously. Someone explained to me that RN is the number of all products Tesla sells, including reservations, cars and merchandise on their shop. True or not, I don't know, but while yes a 112 reservation would be very early, a 120 reservation wouldn't be 7 million reservations later.

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
According to the 10k they have 1,063 Million in customer deposits. Some of that can be for solar, cars, and other items. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility that 7 million pre-orders would equate to 700 million which would fit in the 1,063 Million on their 10K filing.

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like a bank
“Financial institutions also take advantage of the float. For example, a bank may continue to earn interest on the money that hasn't been processed yet. Insurance companies use float to earn money on the premiums they collect before having to pay clients for damages”
Tesla making money on the excitement