Keeping it Simple: Interior bolt-on system with options

Cyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
As weird as it sounds, one of the more beneficial modifications my team performed on our HMMWV (Humvee; Hummer) in the military was to add internal bars and mounts to support multiple functions. Mostly to keep things from bouncing around, bracketing weapons and ammo cans, and other useful purposes. Our welding handiwork was far from professional but, looking back, it was very useful.

I would love to see the CT have interior mounting points that could support third-party integrations that could be added and removed, as per the user's preferences and needs. Going off road and want to add some handle options? Great, grab it out of your garage and bolt it on. Want to change to a chic aesthetic of the interior for an outdoor concert or drive-in movie? Bam: bolt on a fold-down wine and cheese table (mostly kidding; but you get the gist).

The bolt-on accessory option would really open up a world of third-party (and first-party via Tesla) opportunities.

I put this post in this area of the forums because I see most of the opportunities existing for off-road and overlanding purposes. I would take no offensive if the mods want to move this to a more appropriate area.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
As weird as it sounds, one of the more beneficial modifications my team performed on our HMMWV (Humvee; Hummer) in the military was to add internal bars and mounts to support multiple functions. Mostly to keep things from bouncing around, bracketing weapons and ammo cans, and other useful purposes. Our welding handiwork was far from professional but, looking back, it was very useful.

I would love to see the CT have interior mounting points that could support third-party integrations that could be added and removed, as per the user's preferences and needs. Going off road and want to add some handle options? Great, grab it out of your garage and bolt it on. Want to change to a chic aesthetic of the interior for an outdoor concert or drive-in movie? Bam: bolt on a fold-down wine and cheese table (mostly kidding; but you get the gist).

The bolt-on accessory option would really open up a world of third-party (and first-party via Tesla) opportunities.

I put this post in this area of the forums because I see most of the opportunities existing for off-road and overlanding purposes. I would take no offensive if the mods want to move this to a more appropriate area.
This is exactly why I am hoping the floor of the bed has T-Slots. I'm thinking a bolt in place mini fridge. Outdoor concerts in your car are AWESOME!!! We took our minivan to 4 concerts in your car in Ventura, this year. Every time I couldn't help but think, how Awesome a Cybertruck would be!
Tesla Cybertruck Keeping it Simple: Interior bolt-on system with options carconcert