Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Electrician/inventor/retired
Country flag
I have never ridden in a Tesla ,but they all seem to have very large front windows that go way past your head how do they stop the sun from baking your head especially in places like LA or Arizona .are they tinted ?
Sponsored

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Didn't they have to send out sun shades that fit at the top of the window for the X? Also there's some very unproven speculation that visors could pull out of the A pillar. Some interior pics show a long rectangle near the top of the A pillar.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The visors in the X are not awe inspiring but once you figure out how to unfold them fully they work fine.

There is some sort of shade furnished with the X but as it's still in the bottom of the frunk in its original plastic wrap I am not really sure what it is for. It isn't necessary for summertime driving (at least not on the east coast) as the glass is tinted overhead so I always assumed it is intended that this thing be placed on the lower part of the windscreen to keep temperature from zooming if parked in the sun.

Deleted member 3316

I’m a Model 3 owner living in Australia, that roof does get stupidly hot.

I’m contemplating getting a silver wrap for the glass after the windshield. The aircon does pull out the heat pretty well but on hot sunny days the interior regularly reads above 50°C when parked. Great for Sous vide steak but it’s all little energy wasteful keeping that AC 23°C on a road trip.

I personally think the windshield on the Cybertruck should be half the size so there’s not so much opportunity for solar heating.
Sponsored