Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Geopiers don't affect the water table.
You're confusing Giga Austin with Giga Berlin. There were no Geopiers used at Giga Berlin.

They're less deep than pilings.
I only mentioned pilings.

And what research could have been done to know that this would be the tipping point between provisional permit and none?
You have a point that they did get a permit to build. I guess the permit office wasn't too concerned about the drinking water.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You're confusing Giga Austin with Giga Berlin. There were no Geopiers used at Giga Berlin.
I made no such claim. Also, geopiers are a type of pile.

You have a point that they did get a permit to build. I guess the permit office wasn't too concerned about the drinking water.
Well, out here the infiltration is mostly worried about how much tarmac is laid down, and water from roofs doesn't need to be treated in swales the same way as water from parking or industrial areas. It's usually sent to dry wells so infiltration is managed at some level.

But the actual install-equipment permit is where they seem to be at Berlin. And so they're challenging the permit because batteries usually include big tanks of liquids that can't be let into the water table. But not Tesla's.

-Crissa