Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
I kinda like this, not sure why.
I see an opportunity for marking or naming Cybertrucks for business applications.
As long as you would not want to ever sell or trade in the vehicle.
Not sure I would buy a used cybertruck with acme sewer systems on the side.

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But the main places you would probably do the etching on would be the doors and frunk lid, maybe tailgate. Easily replaced years after CT has been in production. I could see that being option from the factory. Once the large police depts and large fleet operators put in big orders, that would be the easiest markings to use with no worry about maintenance/scratching/misapplication of wraps.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
But to have ‘TESLA’ burned in on the tailgate and the Tesla emblem burned in on the front or hood would be branding and could be very nice (and tasteful).

Cysco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
50th Anniversary Porsche 911, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Country flag
I think the main issue with this would be - how do you do it safely? To etch steel, you need a Class 4 laser. There are very tight safety regulations with Class 4 lasers. Those things will blind you faster than a Red Ryder BB Gun. Even a reflected beam off a surface can ruin your life. They must be in a no light leak enclosure.

I assume the tailgate and doors of the CT can be removed so you can probably get those done somewhere, but the rest of the truck? I don’t see someone building a drive-in laser etcher where you can park the entire vehicle in a booth and have this done.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think the main issue with this would be - how do you do it safely? To etch steel, you need a Class 4 laser. There are very tight safety regulations with Class 4 lasers. Those things will blind you faster than a Red Ryder BB Gun. Even a reflected beam off a surface can ruin your life. They must be in a no light leak enclosure.

I assume the tailgate and doors of the CT can be removed so you can probably get those done somewhere, but the rest of the truck? I don’t see someone building a drive-in laser etcher where you can park the entire vehicle in a booth and have this done.
I was thinking that it would be something the manufacturer might do to brand the truck, not us ‘Joes’. You are right about laser engraving. What about water jet? I know they can be used to cut but can they be used to etch?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I'll bet i could easily mask off and sand blast the logo on. Or acid etch it. If i wanted to.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I'll bet i could easily mask off and sand blast the logo on. Or acid etch it. If i wanted to.
After I posted I thought of sand blasting. Yes, traditional etching methods would work.
Sponsored