Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My impression is that the reason we are here before production, is to help each other make it through. Less like singing and more like this:

1630013696700.png
That is tragedy. I do not think we are in tragedy mode here. I am sure that someone will label us. Not a cult. Not a religion. Something.
Sponsored

Deleted member 12457

Is the scale real/accurate?
I found CAD drawings of the CT and my 2013 Tacoma double cab, scaled each in a drawing program and put them on two layers. I thought the CT was going to be much larger than my medium size Tacoma but it isn't. As for whether these are accurate dimensions for the CT, I took what's been reported. The CT is longer but not that much larger (height and width). Compared to a current F-150, the CT could be smaller.

Tesla Cybertruck Let’s Put a Moratorium on Cybertruck News Until Tesla Actually Builds It Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 7.39.51 AM

I purchased a set of Tesla vehicle outlines as a pdf. Not including these here but am including a snapshot of the images so you can get an idea of sizes using the old cut and paste method.

Tesla Cybertruck Let’s Put a Moratorium on Cybertruck News Until Tesla Actually Builds It Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 7.51.15 AM

edited: For those of you wanting 2D files (as pdf), one place to find them is at https://cad-block.com. Search for Tesla. This also gives you drawings of the various electric vehicle connectors. Most drawing applications can open pdfs and edited these line drawings. This is what I do while waiting for the CT to be released. I believe most of the drawings this company sells are created using a variety of 3D scanning applications along with information from manufacturers so they aren't from actual engineering drawing. (If I'm not supposed to reference other websites, sorry, this reference can be deleted by the forum owner. Simply do a web search for "tesla cad drawings" and see what comes up. Have fun!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Even though I mostly agree with him....
If Alex Lauer prints another story mentioning CYBRTRK before it is released, he should be forthwith shunned from polite society.
Can he resist another clickbait story?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
To the OP - I know Elon time can be prolonged, but it has also proven to be rewardingly worth the wait. 'It's not always about just the Destination, but also the Journey' (paraphrased off of an episode of Paramoot's ST Voyager). We're having some speculative fun and hype in here, and as long as we keep our expectations within reason, we should not be disappointed, but instead feel thankful for what's on the horizon.

I think patience is more than deserved when it comes to Tesla and what they've done for us so far. Elon has emphasized that prototyping is easy, and manufacturing is hard. So with a miraculously performing prototype like the Cybertruck, manufacturing is going to be even that much harder, so we would be crazy to be 'pushy' and having 'no patience' for such an engineering accomplishment in progress for all of us. Would we want to wish that type of impatience be in those making the Cybertruck? - I think not. From an old English proverb, "Good things come to those who wait".

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In short, I’m calling for an immediate moratorium on all news related to the Cybertruck — that is, until we get a firm release date (as in day, date and time) or the first one comes off the production line.
Well that's fine...

Likewise the Ford Lightning, the electric Hummer, the electric Silverado, and the Rivian then. The id.Buzz—oh how the media loves that goofy micro-bus wanna be—they can't cover their darling would-be EV megastar anymore. That also puts a kibosh on any coverage of Ram or Dodge electric efforts until sometime in 2024.

Why stop at EVs which don't have release dates. The Bronco got tons of pre-release pre-launch date coverage, so lets put a moratorium on news about any unreleased car or truck.

Of course that means "InsideHook" has less to write about. Maybe they will lay this guy off. Pity, he'd be the instrument of his own unemployment.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Is the scale real/accurate?
I believe it is. Look at the Model 3 behind the Cybertruck here. The Model S is a bit bigger than the Model 3, but the Cybertruck truly dominates it.

Tesla Cybertruck Let’s Put a Moratorium on Cybertruck News Until Tesla Actually Builds It comparison

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That is tragedy. I do not think we are in tragedy mode here. I am sure that someone will label us. Not a cult. Not a religion. Something.
More like a months/ years long tailgate party. I can't wait until the game starts myself.

Deleted member 12457

I believe it is. Look at the Model 3 behind the Cybertruck here. The Model S is a bit bigger than the Model 3, but the Cybertruck truly dominates it.

comparison.jpg
Having fun today cleaning up my shop so I took a break to validate the size comparison. I took the outlines I bought, scaled them to get close to actual, documented size, then combined them in a chart plus a comparison of the Model 3 and Cybertruck. I'm too old to learn CAD or shading applications so you'll have to deal with a lightly tinted CT and a black outline Model 3. Yes, The CT dwarfs the Model 3 and actually dwarfs every other Tesla except for the Semi especially the wheels! The CTs are way too big and probably $1K/tire.

Tesla Cybertruck Let’s Put a Moratorium on Cybertruck News Until Tesla Actually Builds It Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 1.51.22 PM

Tesla Cybertruck Let’s Put a Moratorium on Cybertruck News Until Tesla Actually Builds It Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 1.58.27 PM

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

comparison.jpg
I know I will wear the crap out the lane centering feature of this truck, otherwise, I will be running over a bunch of Aptera’s in adjacent lanes without even noticing it.

It looks like they have maxed out the suspension height to look more imposing. I probably go as low as it would be comfortable on the road.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 1.58.27 PM.png

If the suspension is cranked up enough, it seems like it will be possible to drive the CT over a pair of Model 3s.

Could you do 2020 Ford F-150 4WD Crew cab with 5.5 ft bed compared to Tesla Model 3?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I have always like this photo. We will have to wait and see if the production truck remains true to size. I’m predicting a SLIGHTLY smaller exterior so it will comfortably fit inside The Boring Company tunnels.

Tesla Cybertruck Let’s Put a Moratorium on Cybertruck News Until Tesla Actually Builds It 5AFBB1CA-F97A-4182-AB1B-B2A80371C5D3

Deleted member 12457

Could you do 2020 Ford F-150 4WD Crew cab with 5.5 ft bed compared to Tesla Model 3?
Ford crew cab, different naming, so is that two rows of full seats or the half-size, facing back seats? I'll try and find one.

update:
Found Ford F-150 XLT, looks like shorter bed. Scaled to a 2020 F-150 SuperCrew, 5.5-ft Styleside, 231.9" long but height is a couple inches taller than spec--so close to size. This is the only F-150, other than a F-450 cruise ship length truck, I could find. Of course I put the Ford in something close to Ford blue.

Tesla Cybertruck Let’s Put a Moratorium on Cybertruck News Until Tesla Actually Builds It Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 7.38.27 AM

If you can read between the lines, this F-150 has specs almost the same size as the CT. I shortened the F-150 to be around 77" (75 for 4x2, 77 for 4x4) which is why the wheels look squished.

Tesla Cybertruck Let’s Put a Moratorium on Cybertruck News Until Tesla Actually Builds It Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 7.45.24 AM
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: