Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
I know other trucks with 4 corner air suspension have lift kit options for 4" over stock. Do we know or think it is possible to mod the suspension of the Cybertruck?
What about larger tires on the stock suspension?
I know changing the suspension or larger tires will drop the range of the batteries, but ICE truck owners have gone crazy with lifts and tires all the time with no regards to mileage.

Personally I am fine with 35" tires so I will leave it as is.
Sponsored

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
The TCT has - stock -35” tires & a 16” ground clearance that’s surpassed only by that of a high end G-wagen.

if it’s designed like the other teslas, it’s unlikely you’re going to be able to fiddle around with wheel and tire sizes much - if at all.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
The TCT has - stock -35” tires & a 16” ground clearance that’s surpassed only by that of a high end G-wagen.

if it’s designed like the other teslas, it’s unlikely you’re going to be able to fiddle around with wheel and tire sizes much - if at all.
Why wouldnt you be able to change tire sizes?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I know other trucks with 4 corner air suspension have lift kit options for 4" over stock. Do we know or think it is possible to mod the suspension of the Cybertruck?
I know changing the suspension or larger tires will drop the range of the batteries, but ICE truck owners have gone crazy with lifts and tires all the time with no regards to mileage.

On my LR3's air suspension all that had to be done was fake out the height sensor at each corner. This gave the vehicle a permanent lift of 2.5"

this is one of the originators: http://johnsonrods.com/

OP
OP

UpToNoGood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
Why wouldnt you be able to change tire sizes?
I watched another video of some guys trying to go bigger on the tire size on a Tesla car so they could get more clearance. They couldn't due to tire clearance issues in the wheel wells.

We don't know for sure about the Cybertruck yet.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I watched another video of some guys trying to go bigger on the tire size on a Tesla car so they could get more clearance. They couldn't due to tire clearance issues in the wheel wells.

We don't know for sure about the Cybertruck yet.
Oh. Well.. rest assured. IT CAN BE DONE! Im determined i'll be able to get the CT to clear 40s.. not that i'll daily it like that.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
See I wanna go the other way and slam the CT. I posted with this question weeks ago but nothing.
Lift or lower, still valid questions.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
See I wanna go the other way and slam the CT. I posted with this question weeks ago but nothing.
Lift or lower, still valid questions.
That is surprisingly more difficult with the air suspensions i have worked with. The LR3 for example es the same trick to fake out the sensors. The problem people have had is that the shock travel is then very close to the bump stops. Once the truck starts hitting the bump stops frequently the computers would freak out.

However the CT is not an LR3 and may be easier.. or harder to mod.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
That is surprisingly more difficult with the air suspensions i have worked with. The LR3 for example es the same trick to fake out the sensors. The problem people have had is that the shock travel is then very close to the bump stops. Once the truck starts hitting the bump stops frequently the computers would freak out.

However the CT is not an LR3 and may be easier.. or harder to mod.
Good information.
I’m in the belief that lowering would reduce drag even more. Truth be told, im one of those idiots that lowers everything. I just like the look and improved handling. Adjustable Bags in all 4 corners would obviously allow ride height changes. overcoming bump stop computer trips you mentioned seems reprogramming might solve... what do I know so I’ll just bring it to you!

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
Bro - factory stock, you’ll have a sub-11 second vehicle that’s 9 inches off the ground on 35 inch tall, 12 1/2 inch wide tires. It seems you have the option to run it slammed from the get-go.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Cybertruck, 1988 F150, 2006 Sequoia, 1962 Scout
Country flag
If you build it, (CT), they (lift kits) will come.
And not just lift kits, winch bumpers, roof racks and all the typical off-road mods & accessories will come.
Not the day the 1st one is delivered, but once there are enough of them out there the aftermarket will be there. ?

MonsterCyber

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Came here to find the lift kit boys :cool: Hoping to see 27'F/29'B sensor support. Gonna be throwing codes lol

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla vehicles don’t have a universal joint to bend the angle of the drivetrain as the height raises up.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

Yeah man, leave it as it is. Otherwise, people might think you're...up to no good.
Sponsored