Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
This doesn't surprise me in the least. Dealers are TRYING to fleece their customers with CRAZY markup prices lately. At my local Dodge dealer I was so amazed at their $50,000 mark-up on a TRX. I took a photo.

markup.jpg

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
You reserve a Lightning, they ship it to a dealer to pickup and dealer tacks on 50k? Better come with two pens.

Rusty Shackleford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Country flag
Curious to see how this plays with Ford’s X Plan pricing.

I haven’t been following ADMs closely enough to know how it has worked for existing fleet, but I assume the question has already been answered.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
This really ticks me off butt if I am being honest I am not at all surprised. I have a reservation for a Lightning too. I planned to buy both the Lightning and CT. I figured there would be a year or two spread between delivery dates so i could enjoy whichever one arrived first while waiting on the next. If this crazy markup is going to be the norm Ford can keep the damn truck and my hundred bucks. They must need it worse than me. I have bought my share of new Fords but no more.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This doesn't surprise me in the least. Dealers are TRYING to fleece their customers with CRAZY markup prices lately. At my local Dodge dealer I was so amazed at their $50,000 mark-up on a TRX. I took a photo.

markup.jpg
Well my 3 preorders for the Cybertruck are around 27,000. I plan on buying all 3 and asking for a $50,000 markup on the two I sell. Capitalism at it's finest.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Well my 3 preorders for the Cybertruck are around 27,000. I plan on buying all 3 and asking for a $50,000 markup on the two I sell. Capitalism at it's finest.
I doubt that I'm alone, I would hope Tesla would make an attempt at limiting multiple orders to prevent this activity. Sorry, but I have a real issue with Scalping.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
I would hope Tesla would make an attempt at limiting multiple orders to prevent this activity. Sorry, but I have a real issue with Scalping.
Agreed. Did they do something like this with previous models?

With so many damn preorders, you'd think they wouldn't ship multiples to people.

TSLA Stock