Pollan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 500, Honda Pilot
Country flag
Can't one simply lower the air suspension to fit in a normal garage.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
That depends on the maximum clearance of the garage and the minimum height for the Cybertruck.

We don't know how low it can go yet, but if you can fit a truck, you can probably fit a Cybertruck

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
The cyber truck is currently said to be 6' 3" tall..standard garage door heights are 7'.. should fit just fine.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Jeez why is your garage so low? Does your garage door only open 3/4th of the way?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Can't one simply lower the air suspension to fit in a normal garage.
Should be no need; the CT is no taller (or longer or wider) than a common full-size pickup.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I remember Elon saying that they needed to reduce the size overall by 5% to fit in a standard garage, later he specified that the actual reduction was going to be 3%. This was followed quickly by Elon stating that reducing the size by even 3% would make it too small and that they weren't going to do it. The size of the Cybertruck should very close, if not the same, as the prototype. I would actually be pretty happy if they could make it slightly bigger. I remember when they first talked about making a truck that it was going to be a big truck. While the Cybertruck is the nicest truck I've ever seen, it isn't really that big compared to regular trucks.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Elon mentioned in one of the interviews that they would adjust the CT dimensions to fit a standard garage.
Let me ask this other garage-preparation question again. (Maybe somebody's seen the prototype close up, or knows if there's a standard with the other Tesla models.)

At which corner of the CT will the charging port likely be located?

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
Let me ask this other garage-preparation question again. (Maybe somebody's seen the prototype close up, or knows if there's a standard with the other Tesla models.)

At which corner of the CT will the charging port likely be located?
Its behind the rear driver side wheel well. You can see the port door in photos.

IceCold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
The Cybertruck should fit in a normal height garage. As stated, length is usually the problem for many garages.

My truck can be raised or lowered around 2 inches either way with its air suspension which is pretty typical for trucks with air suspension

It is a nice option have to have, but I would not want to park somewhere daily that I had to lower it just for clearance.

Lowering mode is really meant more to let grandma and the kids in or if you have a short wife etc.

2 inches lower makes a huge difference for some people getting in.

When I raise my truck 2 inches it is quite a bit harder for almost anyone to get in. 2 inches makes a more noticeable difference than it sounds. I also have non OEM tires that add an inch of height. Raised mode is really meant for extra ground clearance when driving slow though and not meant for parking, even though I am able to park it raised.
Sponsored