newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
The chameleon effect with lighting at night on the polish finish looks so cool but will I have to clean is twice a day? That tailgate has tons of room for some huge bumper stickers.

Yikes! Elon is going to come unglued when he sees the LED light bar fit and finish😁

Tesla Cybertruck Matte Black Cybertruck Finally Appears!! 😱 Driven by Franz Von Holzhausen 89a772de-8bea-479e-9f1e-947fbcb5ced5-
The new builds seem to be better, especially on the doors and frunk.

I think this could be Franz's build from the Peterson Museum cars and coffee. The back passenger edge of the taillight cap doesn't look snapped down. The matte black looks like that back edge was adjusted but the whole thing is low like Franz's from Petterson.

Maybe he just didn't put the ramp back in right? 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

Tesla Cybertruck Matte Black Cybertruck Finally Appears!! 😱 Driven by Franz Von Holzhausen Screenshot 2023-11-04 202012
Tesla Cybertruck Matte Black Cybertruck Finally Appears!! 😱 Driven by Franz Von Holzhausen Screenshot 2023-11-04 202050
Sponsored

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
I cannot wait to see that. The stealthiness will be on 10.

For example:

1699137233193.png
Absolutely. The CT frame will look like low-poly graphics, the VantaBlack will make the shape disappear into obscurity, the silent motors will have it moving like a stealth spaceship.

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
Yikes! Elon is going to come unglued when he sees the LED light bar fit and finish😁

89A772DE-8BEA-479E-9F1E-947FBCB5CED5.png
I see this on almost all the pre-release vins and keep trying to convince myself it's supposed to be like that. 😬

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
I think I'm sold. I've always wanted the matte black but then want to embrace the stainless teel look. So I'll probably go at least a year with no wrap and then do it.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
PPF wraps seem to be much pricier than just a wrap elsewhere such as my wrap guy's price. I'd get Tesla to do mine and biggest benefit, it comes wrapped instead of dropping it off and wait for a week.
If you go somewhere like Alset Auto that only does Teslas you'll probably get a better price and it probably won't take a week. If be interested in knowing what Tesla's warranty is on their wraps because I haven't seen anything about that. If there's an issue you're pretty much out of luck I think.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
black won’t be any warmer than stainless steel in the sun.
Why do you say that?

The emissivity of the black will be less than the SS, simply because if it "looks" darker it must also absorb more light.

If it absorbs light, it absorbs energy, which in turn means that the HVAC has to compensate for it, and that uses energy which you loose fro range.

The same applies in the winter where it will be colder than the SS because black is a better radiator.

For road safety it's also probably one of the worst colours, especially at night, or parked on the side of the road.

But if you really don't want to be seen I'd get it wrapped I'd take the dark camo.
At least the energy budget will be slightly better, and you won't see all the dirt straight away.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If this was a Tesla and Coffee event I'm surprised there aren't more clips, or dare I say, a video.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Why do you say that?

The emissivity of the black will be less than the SS, simply because if it "looks" darker it must also absorb more light.

If it absorbs light, it absorbs energy, which in turn means that the HVAC has to compensate for it, and that uses energy which you loose fro range.

The same applies in the winter where it will be colder than the SS because black is a better radiator.

For road safety it's also probably one of the worst colours, especially at night, or parked on the side of the road.

But if you really don't want to be seen I'd get it wrapped I'd take the dark camo.
At least the energy budget will be slightly better, and you won't see all the dirt straight away.

Stainless steel gets scalding hot in sunlight and its an excellent heat conductor

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Fail to understand the juvenile fascination of a vehicle driven on public roads where it is imperative that you are seen and not blending into the background/shadows and especially at night the diminished visual recognition factor. Military vehicles use camo paint schemes for a reason. Do you really gain something out of being hidden from view? Fine if you are out playing paintball in the woods with the rest of the kidos on the block but not out in the real world were lives are at stake.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
Definitely doing a matte wrap. I always said I'd never do another black car out here with 115 degree summers, but darker color looks great on CT 😩

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Why do you say that?

Exactly, outdoor solar ovens use FLAT BLACK cookware for a reason, to absorb the most heat possible. All this just for "added attention please look at me over here". Like insecure teenage girls showing as much skin for that added attention factor.
Sponsored