Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet?

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Maybe you could fabricate some quick connects to make the seat easily removed? With my back trouble moving around the seat wouldn’t be optimal for me though.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Remove the right front seat and sleep lengthwise to the CT. This offers 6'6" length. Back seat width is only 5'6". I'm 6-3.
I’d been considering something along these lines also. If the front seats folded all the way flat, you could sleep 2. Particularly if the yoke raised up and retracted to its maximum limit.

If the mid-gate didn’t happen, this would be a nicer camping option than the vault.

Also opens up the possibility of sleeping for 4 Inside the truck.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Remove the right front seat and sleep lengthwise to the CT. This offers 6'6" length. Back seat width is only 5'6". I'm 6-3.
Sleeping in CT 3 view.png
This seems overly complicated for sleeping in the truck. Removing a seat just for a flat place to sleep sometimes seems like a lot of work. I think if there is no midgate, something as simple as the ability to slide the front seats further forward than a traditional truck does would be enough. There are lots of air mattresses that inflate a portion to fit the floor space between the front and rear seats with a flat mattress on top. Even if the truck isn't as wide as we are tall, sleeping diagonal might allow some people to fully extend.

Another option with the same possibility of just moving the seats really far forward would be to sleep on the floor of the truck if the seats can fold up. I'm also 6'3" and I think either one of these possibilities would give me a comfortable sleep. I would also just really rather not have to take out a seat when I want to save money on a hotel when i'm going somewhere.

Oh and we also can't forget the option of just sleeping in the vault if it's empty. It has light bars, it has a window, and Elon said in a tweet a long time ago that it will have HVAC. The HVAC might be vents, a midgate, or just the window able to roll down or be removed. Either way, I wouldn't mind taking the truck to a car wash, hosing down the bed, and tossing a small mattress in the back if I know i'll have light and HVAC to make it more comfortable.

OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
A better solution is tilting the right front seat to max tilt and putting a cot over it with an air mattress. Here are two crude images: one with the bed low and to the rear - off the dash, and the second is higher, more forward and puts the feet on the dash.
Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? CT Max rt frnt seat tilt Bed off dash
Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? CT Max rt frnt seat tilt bed on dash

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm gonna bank on the aftermarket community coming up with some pretty ingenious creations for this problem. I'm a huge mid-gate hopeful, but given the radio silence on it from Tesla I'm going to assume it ain't happening.

I really like that idea of folding the middle & passenger seat flat, with some sort of after market mattress to fill in the gaps and spaces

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
My hope is to install an ergonomic curved twin bed in place of the rear seats for my wife who is only 5'1" and a mattress in the bed for me. Was hoping for a mid gate but as that looks unlikely I'll be fine as long as I can open the cover from inside it and the HVAC works for the bed.

OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Three drawing of a longitudinal bed right side in the cab. 78"L x 39"W
Height should be over the folded center seat. Cross your fingers tat the right seat tilts back that far and low.

Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? CT int from ctr rear with bed right

Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? CT int Rt Frnt seat removed with bed

Tesla Cybertruck Mid-gate Impossible? Best cab sleeping solution for one? - or kookiest idea yet? CT Int no Rt Seat bed
Sponsored