Missing 6th seat a deal-breaker for you?

Is the absence of a 6th seat a deal breaker?

• Yes, Tesla prototypes are supposed to be better not worse the the production model.

• Yes, otherwise it’s just like every other Pickup truck.

• Yes, because I want one.

• No, these choices are unreasonably biased

• No, it’s not that important

• IDGAF…. just show me the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 3316

Tesla Cybertruck Missing 6th seat a deal-breaker for you? 44721C41-DE53-4FEF-87E3-1C6A2D48D5F2

I’m pretty sure the main reason the 6th seat is missing is because it won’t fit in from underneath.

In the unboxed design slide from the investor day it looks like the rear seats are assembled as part of the rear casting and the front seats are attached to the battery before the floor is joined to the rest of the vehicle.

Tesla Cybertruck Missing 6th seat a deal-breaker for you? 83095BBE-41E0-40C6-B485-48FA19387918

If this is the case then it might be made available as a post purchase option or at least an aftermarket option is likely to be made available.

It’s probably just wishful thinking but I reckon an adapter plate could push those seats laterally an inch or two to make space for a jump seat, even if it’s wedged below the bolsters of the driver and passenger seats.

The render above looks like it could accommodate a fridge also…that would be awesome, a 50litre fridge/freezer integrated into the cooling system.
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
44721C41-DE53-4FEF-87E3-1C6A2D48D5F2.jpeg

I’m pretty sure the main reason the 6th seat is missing is because it won’t fit in from underneath.

In the unboxed design slide from the investor day it looks like the rear seats are assembled as part of the rear casting and the front seats are attached to the battery before the floor is joined to the rest of the vehicle.

83095BBE-41E0-40C6-B485-48FA19387918.jpeg

If this is the case then it might be made available as a post purchase option or at least an aftermarket option is likely to be made available.

It’s probably just wishful thinking but I reckon an adapter plate could push those seats laterally an inch or two to make space for a jump seat, even if it’s wedged below the bolsters of the driver and passenger seats.

The render above looks like it could accommodate a fridge also…that would be awesome, a 50litre fridge/freezer integrated into the cooling system.
A seat delete option might work:
Eliminate passenger seat, eliminate console & ship with only an inexpensive driver seat (non-heated, non-ventilated, non-powered). Driver seat that can be easily removed converted into an office chair.

Aftermarket could sell different passenger seats (thinner, lower, higher), different consoles or even a middle seat/console transformer combo.

Instead of standard serial straight assembly line, Tesla's unbox final assembly and multiple parallel feeder lines of sub-assemblies might actual allow more customization without slowing the final assembly.
Sponsored

Last edited: