John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I am wondering if someone will do this concept plus a thin-ish fitted air bed under to increase support and remain stow-able

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would go a good quality self inflating mattress, with maybe a couple of cut to shape 1 inch yoga mats as a base.

And they would store easily.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I would go a good quality self inflating mattress, with maybe a couple of cut to shape 1 inch yoga mats as a base.

And they would store easily.
I agree, except for the self inflating part. Depending on what the CT's built in compressor can do as far as air volume, we might have an inflator already in the truck. Otherwise, I prefer my stand alone inflator than having one built into the mattress. It's a very minor objection. If a really nice air mattress custom fit to the CT bed comes out and it has a built in inflator, I'd still buy it.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I use Harbor Fright furniture pads (they use to give them away for free with every purchase) and some Mink Blankets I brought back from Korea for padding when I camp in my little Nissan cargo van. Those blankets will keep you warmer than an Artic sleeping bag.
I have a love hate relationship with air mattresses and inflatable beds. No matter how careful you are they always seem to spring a leak.
The problem with camping in the CT is the low ceiling when you have the cover closed.
My hope is Tesla will have a cargo/work van before I get too old to need one.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
It's gonna have FSD, I'll just sleep behind the wheel
Well I have a Model Y right now with very much imperfect FSD, so I'll need to sleep on a nice comfy mattress in the back.... :)

So anyone used this mattress? It is comfortable? More importantly, if so, are you a fat bastard like me because 160 lbs is different to errr... those with a larger gravity well. How was the bounce, because I need some assistance. 😜

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
My self inflating mattress from REI do the job quite well and can be very portable even if I decide to sleep out in the field when hunting.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I use Harbor Fright furniture pads (they use to give them away for free with every purchase) and some Mink Blankets I brought back from Korea for padding when I camp in my little Nissan cargo van. Those blankets will keep you warmer than an Artic sleeping bag.
I
I LOVED the blanket I brought back from Korea for 20 years, then it got wet and moldy stored in a basement during the summer...
Sponsored