More Tesla price cuts === cheaper Cybertruck (6 oct)

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
$70k?

Cybertruck dual motor was same price as Model Y AWD at launch.

Puts it at $53k for the dual motor AWD truck by my math.
That's what i've been saying. but youll see it pop up on every other thread people think its going to be a crazy expensive truck.

I still theorize that it is people who spent a lot on likely inferior products but idk lol

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
I will tell y'all this:
It will cost less than a Rivian or the RAM REV
Stealerships for all other Ev Trucks are going to absolutley kneecap sales. Tesla is a DREAM to buy from. Have you seen the BS 'market adjustments'? Often eaual to half the vehicle price in addition to sticker. Ford alone is losing 20k/truck. Dodge is REALLY gonna shit the bed on its margins.
THAT combo alone is going to mean that Tesla is gonna sell Ct's practically as fast as they can make them.
Uncle Muskie is a manufacturing GENIUS. The cost of the parts to build a vehicle is no where NEAR the cost of infrastruct, Labor, logistics, utilities, HR, advertising, etc...
Nah, I see the CT as being the very BEST Value in the market....and very reasonably priced.. and Tesla wil STILL make a fat sack o'Jack!

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Stealerships for all other Ev Trucks are going to absolutley kneecaps sales.
Dealers can add market adjustments when demand is high. Right now there are trucks sitting on lots unsold, including a Lightning.

By the time Silverado and Ram ship, the window of opportunity for marking up vehicles will have closed. When Ford and Rivian launched, there were exactly zero EVs on the market. By the time Ram is out, there will be 10s or even 100s of thousands on the road if they don’t hustle.

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Yes they can... but is BAD for business and STUPID. I have worked in serveral car dealerships and seen thier BS scam tactics

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just as taxes are added by governments, dealerships tack on additional charges.

Ossification in plain sight.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
If the cybertruck follows the rest of the Tesla lineup in terms of marketing/product positioning: it will be a more expensive product than its peers, but deliver far better performance, and maybe even a bit less luxury. Lower interior quality & greater technology than peers.

Tesla has always been a premium product selling at a higher price point in its applicable category

The model three model S model, X are all premium products for the category. They are expensive products for the category they are in, however the performance they deliver blows away the competition.

I think the same may apply to the cybertruck. If a standard F150 cost $40,000, you’re gonna be paying a lot more for the appropriate configuration of the cyber truck, but it will be deliver substantially more performance and tech but also At a premium price (which is still an excellent value)

i’m guessing it will be Ford raptor or ram TRX performance as a substantial discount from those vehicles. Kind of like the Ford lightning. I’d suggest if you haven’t done, so spend some time on the Ford lightning configurator to get a sense of what costs are going to be.

It will not be a full size truck selling below or even at the average for the category.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If the cybertruck follows the rest of the Tesla lineup in terms of marketing/product positioning: it will be a more expensive product than its peers, but deliver far better performance, and maybe even a bit less luxury. Lower interior quality & greater technology than peers.

Tesla has always been a premium product selling at a higher price point in its applicable category

The model three model S model, X are all premium products for the category. They are expensive products for the category they are in, however the performance they deliver blows away the competition.

I think the same may apply to the cybertruck. If a standard F150 cost $40,000, you’re gonna be paying a lot more for the appropriate configuration of the cyber truck, but it will be deliver substantially more performance and tech but also At a premium price (which is still an excellent value)

i’m guessing it will be Ford raptor or ram TRX performance as a substantial discount from those vehicles. Kind of like the Ford lightning. I’d suggest if you haven’t done, so spend some time on the Ford lightning configurator to get a sense of what costs are going to be.

It will not be a full size truck selling below or even at the average for the category.
They knew prices of the truck market when they announced it. They had it priced same as Y. Why would that change?

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
“They knew prices of the truck market when they announced it. They had it priced same as Y. Why would that change?”

It was four years ago

Elon musk himself said, pricing would be different, which means higher

and it comes down to how it’s configured a model Y starts at $53,000 with no options are we including $6000 navigation or $15,000 full self driving?

Similar on Ford F150 lightning: base starts at 60 high end model starts at 98,000+

The cybertruck, many of us will want to own won’t be a base w no options. Let alone be available

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
“They knew prices of the truck market when they announced it. They had it priced same as Y. Why would that change?”

It was four years ago

Elon musk himself said, pricing would be different, which means higher

and it comes down to how it’s configured a model Y starts at $53,000 with no options are we including $6000 navigation or $15,000 full self driving?

Similar on Ford F150 lightning: base starts at 60 high end model starts at 98,000+

The cybertruck, many of us will want to own won’t be a base w no options. Let alone be available
He said that when the prices of the Y were higher too.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag