Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck Foundation, 2016 S P90D
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hey all,

I'm an avid motorcycle rider and have been hauling bikes for years in my trucks, and all manner of trailer. With any new vehicle, I look for the "perfect" setup for towing in-bed. I've found that now for my Cybertruck.

I'm using this StepRamp: https://www.stepramp.com/product/sr-b5-5-step-ramp/
Tesla Cybertruck Motorcycle Loading Ramp Solution: StepRamp + Rhino Straps IMG_0595
It makes loading and unloading so much easier than the two-ramp or ramp and bucket solutions I've used in the past. it fits in the bed like it was made for the CT:

Tesla Cybertruck Motorcycle Loading Ramp Solution: StepRamp + Rhino Straps IMG_0597

And, I've been using these Rhino straps, which are now my favorite: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M07K9YW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Everything fits well, and is super-usable for my purpose of hauling motorcycles.
Tesla Cybertruck Motorcycle Loading Ramp Solution: StepRamp + Rhino Straps tempImageDBoOvy

Tesla Cybertruck Motorcycle Loading Ramp Solution: StepRamp + Rhino Straps tempImageDBoOvy copy 2
Sponsored

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Nice! I have that in my favorites (waiting for truck) - assume it's the shorter one as it said 30-3X inch tailgate height?

I typically have 1-3 bikes in the truck on Saturdays - looks like it would fit as laid down with 2 bikes, guess with 3 I'll have tailgate open anyhow so prob not a big deal!

Thx for sharing!

23 KTM 300XC TBI + Stark Varg (cant wait to charge off of CT 220v)!

Im in NoCo / Windsor CO, where are you in CO? Lets go ride, you can try the Varg, it's awesome!

OP
OP

ToyHauler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It is the shorter , 5-step one. I’ve read about the Stark Varg, what kind of mileage are you getting from it? I have a KTM Freeride eXC and am very disappointed that it will only do 20 miles. I’m down on the south side of Denver.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It is the shorter , 5-step one. I’ve read about the Stark Varg, what kind of mileage are you getting from it? I have a KTM Freeride eXC and am very disappointed that it will only do 20 miles. I’m down on the south side of Denver.
Like all good EV's the answer is "it depends"....rider weight, rider speed and terrain. I've done 28 miles at rampart and had 43% battery left, starting at 100% - mostly the 627 but some 770 single track. So for me, 240lbs, pace equivalent to averaging 2/3rd on double track on a 300/350 (guessing avg of 25-30mph), 75*....

Confident I can get 35-40 without pushing...but still being cautious as I dont want to push! :cool:

A pro could get 20miles on a non sand track, easy...so I'd say 2x range of freeride and the chassis is full MX with KYB - it's very nice at speed.

AlmostHuman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Human
Country flag
Awesome thread. How wide is the StepRamp?

OP
OP

ToyHauler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
15” wide folded, 31.5” wide open. 5” high/thick when folded.

AlmostHuman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Human
Country flag
Hahaha I totally missed the hinge in the middle. Crap I just want the step part of it.

themuleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Exp Max Ltd, 2021 Ford F350 Ltd
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
In one of the pics, it looks like the tailgate is stressed further than designed due to weight. This could just be a camera illusion. Does anyone know the CT tailgate's max weight numbers?
Sponsored