Munro Live interview - Ford CEO Jim Farley, Chief Engineer Linda Zhang, and Chief EV Officer Doug Field

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
------------------------------------

Wow!!
Ford CEO Jim Farley, Chief Engineer Linda Zhang, and Chief EV Officer Doug Field personally deliver a Ford F-150 Lightning to Munro & Associates and sit down for an interview with Sandy and Cory!

Ford Interview | CEO Jim Farley, Chief Engineer Linda Zhang, and Chief EV Officer Doug Field
Aug 1, 2022
Munro Live

--------

------------------------------------
Sponsored

Last edited:

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I have watched most of this interview. IMO, the hardball question of vertical integration leaves me to believe that Ford is light years behind and doesn't even have a well thought out strategy going forward. I would not have wanted to be Jim Farley being interviewed by Sandy. I commend Sandy on holding back on what he really would like to have said though I am sure it was not easy. Ford I have no doubt will sell every EV it can produce nearly immediately over the next few years but that is not going to be high volume. With a projection of 2 million run rates in 3.5 years and Tesla 6 months out from that now it appears at the very minimum a 3 year lead (by volume only). Now if Tesla is sitting at 6-7 million in volume in 3.5 years things won't be looking to great for Ford. =\

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I loved it. It was a great balance of hardball questions and answers. Very civil and, I found, informative. I loved at the end were <Spoiler Alert!> Jim told Sandy what he does is a great asset to the automotive industry and what he does is needed, but not comfortable.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I have watched most of this interview. IMO, the hardball question of vertical integration leaves me to believe that Ford is light years behind and doesn't even have a well thought out strategy going forward. I would not have wanted to be Jim Farley being interviewed by Sandy. I commend Sandy on holding back on what he really would like to have said though I am sure it was not easy. Ford I have no doubt will sell every EV it can produce nearly immediately over the next few years but that is not going to be high volume. With a projection of 2 million run rates in 3.5 years and Tesla 6 months out from that now it appears at the very minimum a 3 year lead (by volume only). Now if Tesla is sitting at 6-7 million in volume in 3.5 years things won't be looking to great for Ford. =\
We are pretty much on the same sheet of music on this one.
Sandy has a long history with Ford and he is nothing if not diplomatic.
He did not spare them when he evaluated the cooling system on the Mach E.
If they have any brains they are addressing those issues.
I think Sandy realizes that of all the OEM's Ford is the most likely to survive the slaughter of legacy automakers that is heading down the pike at a fast pace.
He did seem to really like the Lightning and if he thinks it is a good truck then it may well be.
Will it be able to keep Ford ahead on light truck sales once the Cybertruck hits the streets? Damifino.
If they can survive until they actually start making a profit on EV's while losing money on the remaining ICE vehicles they will continue to produce they may pull their fat out of the fire.
I'm not buying any Ford stock on the chance that they might.
Sponsored