Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So when he gets his CT, what's the over-under on if he will finally tear down the Rivian?

Sue says that the Rivian is the best bang for the buck. I wonder what she will say about the CT when she tries that one.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Sandy had mentioned in a previous video he sometime would be getting a Rivian for evaluation and possible teardown. After all, they've been through some Teslas including a Plaid, (and the Ford Mach-E too), so this is actually expected. Wish Rivian the best, but personally I'm not a fan of their exterior style especially on the front end, but their interior is a little more agreeable.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sandy had mentioned in a previous video he sometime would be getting a Rivian for evaluation and possible teardown. After all, they've been through some Teslas including a Plaid, (and the Ford Mach-E too), so this is actually expected. Wish Rivian the best, but personally I'm not a fan of their exterior style especially on the front end, but their interior is a little more agreeable.
He's not tearing this one down, he loves it too much.

-Crissa

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Unless we get good news, and definitely if we get bad news, I aim to take delivery of a Rivian myself later this year.

I’ll keep my Cybertruck reservation and decide later whether I want to trade out.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have to be honest... if money wasn't a factor, I'd get all 3.... 1. CT 2. Rivian 3. HummerEV. I think they all have something different to offer in their own special way. I know I left out the Lightning, but to me it's the same ole truck I already have... just with a few more sparks.

I wonder if Tesla will allow us to change around our order without penalty of losing our reserves... Thinking I may want that PLAID CT with the 4 Motors over the 3 motor variant... but I don't want to loose the 7k FSD reserves.... Decisions decisions.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Looked like a product promotion to me.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the inside was very nice....I really like the color too.......perfect for being in the woods

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Rivian clearly has made an awesome product and hats off to them for that. Now the hard part comes where they need to scale and become profitable- I hope they make it and help with the EV demand problem so all of us don't have to sit on forums all day long dreaming of our EV someday.

I sure hope Sandy has another one on order to tear down. The fact that he is keeping it vs. tearing it down just goes to show how scarce of a product a high quality EV's is. I have to imagine he would have a lot of customers wanting to benchmark Rivian so hopefully that will still happen on the channel.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
When he says they should increase the price, I wonder how much of the pricing kerfuffle he was aware of. "Boys and girls, they will be raising the price"

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I saw a Rivian at a recent EV event in Birmingham.
It was a nice looking truck and the fit and finish were great,
The owner was a Rivian employee (which is why he had one) and was working on getting chargers placed in the Southeast.
The problem I have with the Rivian (and other EV pickups) is that they look like pickup trucks.
We have a pickup truck and I have a little cargo van.
I ordered the CT because it is different and fast.
All the other offerings are boooooring.
When Sandy gets his CT he will throw rocks at the Rivian (or give it to his wife).

Reactions: Jow

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
"His wife won't LET him sell the truck!"

Sounds like a Ford ad from 1958.

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
agreed, for the price i would not get a rivian and also teslas charge network. atleast we know for whatever price we end up paying for the CT it will be the best truck on the streets.
Sponsored