Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
MN - They will save on cooling costs.
Plus we have unions so the work will get done right, on time, the first time. Ever hear of the mall of America? Done at least 6 months early. We are ready to build any challenges. Plus excellent living, with genuinly nice people who are used to working hard with a smile.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Gigafactory Location Will Be More Than Halfway to East Coast downloadfile
Sponsored

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Apparently the Fremont plant in California is close to being shut down. All the more reason to open a new factory in central USA which should be much larger in scope and versatile to take on the slack if needed in such circumstances.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Plus we have unions so the work will get done right, on time, the first time. Ever hear of the mall of America? Done at least 6 months early. We are ready to build any challenges. Plus excellent living, with genuinly nice people who are used to working hard with a smile.

downloadfile.jpg
I donā€™t understand. Are you voting for a workerā€™s union? I donā€™t know much about how unions work, but from what I heard itā€™s the least desirable in an automotive factory. Thatā€™ll actually kill productivity and make Tesla a giant sloth like GM / Ford instead of the lean and mean nimble beast it is now.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I donā€™t understand. Are you voting for a workerā€™s union? I donā€™t know much about how unions work, but from what I heard itā€™s the least desirable in an automotive factory. Thatā€™ll actually kill productivity and make Tesla a giant sloth like GM / Ford instead of the lean and mean nimble beast it is now.
Said every company ever. GM/ Ford became sloths because automobiles a mature product and they just stopped innovating. Not that I'm defending unions but blaming unions for management failures is lame.

Reactions: H20

Scottj

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This isn't "central" America. But either TN or AL. The massive engineering support from Huntsville already allows for a large VW plant and a large Mercedes plant nearby.
This is not to mention the dozens of other non-automobile factories in this location.

In my mind this is a very logical and competitive choice. Plus with the explosive boom in tech ongoing in Huntsville, what could be a better "central" hub other than the surrounding area.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Last edited:

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I'd say an unused auto plant in Canada, where one of our dollars cost about 70 cents. But that could annoy US buyers.

So I'll switch to an American unused auto plant (like in Detroit) -- in a state that accepts the Tesla business model.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'd
This isn't "central" America. But either TN or AL. The massive engineering support from Huntsville already allows for a large VW plant and a large Mercedes plant nearby.
This is not to mention the dozens of other non-automobile factories in this location.

In my mind this is a very logical and competitive choice. Plus with the explosive boom in tech ongoing in Huntsville, what could be a better "central" hub other than the surrounding area.
I strongly suggest putting the next GF where there isn't a single Auto factory for several hundred miles because once the Big auto companies close Elon can buy quite a few of them for nothing. Strategically placing the next plant with that in mind will reap significant rewards.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Did you guys hear about the ā€œBug F*king Fieldā€ (BFF) in Oklahoma. Itā€™s gaining traction on Twitter. Pretty funny how they released the advertisement. At least itā€™ll get Elonā€™s attention.

www.bigfuckingfield.com

https://twitter.com/BigFuckingField?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1240016784935264257&ref_url=https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-gigafactory-tulsa-ok-bff-pitch/
I'd love to see Elon replying to this advertisement (even if Tesla doesn't accept the offer). :D:LOL:

Patrick2311

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350 Platinum
Country flag
Northern Michigan. Beside MI already being the primary state for the other automobile manufacturers, and having access to lots of land availability, there is the advantage of being surrounded by an extreme amount of winter weather. Utility vehicles like the Cybertruck would gain great insights into overcoming these adverse conditions which would also translate into the rest of the Tesla model lines.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I will now troll the Yankees.

It is not a wise move to put any industry in the North due to what many of you are trying to paint as a positive...Shitty weather is called "shitty" for a reason.

What was given to Tesla to get them to build in Buffalo, NY must have been waaaay better than we realize.

It is called "shitty" weather for a reason...

Yes Tesla can "solve driving in shitty weather" without having to be stuck in it. So there is no real logic in building where weather is a negative.

Plus all the "Michigan is the center of Automobile production" is a dead reason. Technology has negated the advantage of living in the North in terms of comfort ever since air conditioners have been created. And Michigan had an advantage when steel was abundant in the Great Lakes Region... Now the region is distressed with pollution and a long-standing archaic government from The golden period where That entire region was flush with cash and power.

The area will have a limited attractiveness to future businesses, with one of them being how few people will live there, and how beautifully the land recovered after the population left.

When the steel ran out, and the OEM car-makers continued to decline in innovation and improvement the areas started going down...it ain't coming back to any level near what it was because it is better for industry to establish in a temperate climate.
With everything else being equal Industry should not establish themselves in the North.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I believe Tesla will try to avoid the mistakes it made when it selected the Giga Nevada in Reno. They probably went for the cheapest price and best incentives since Cash was hard to come by at that time. Later on they realized that Nevada kept Tesla at arms length by siding with dealerships lobby and they are having big trouble getting skilled work force there since itā€™s pretty much a desert and nothing else is there. I donā€™t think Tesla will even want to expand the current facility even though they could.
Currently their financial situation is good and they can scrutinize the potential areas with all aspects and get the most of their efforts.
Even though Texas is a logical place to start with, I donā€™t think it will happen considering that they still havenā€™t given sales permission to Tesla and are standing behind dealerships. Tesla shouldnā€™t reward such behavior. Ultimately itā€™ll be a net loss for Texas as dealerships are doomed in future anyway. The future generation in Texas will curse the current politicians who were swayed by the $$$ offered by dealership lobby costing them a future in their nearby city.
Thereā€™re plenty of places in central USA and the search should continue for the best location. Wishing Tesla best of luck.
Did not Texas offer huge tax incentives and other inducements to lure Tesla when Elon was dangling GiggaFactory No. 1 to the various states? (I'm sure there must be a link to the Texas offer. It seems like their inducement included land near Austin.) I'll bet that that offer still stands. Although with the recession we are entering, I suspect few states will have the wherewithall to make an attractive offer to Tesa. Having said that, the promise of lots of new jobs (Texans building Teslas), I'll bet the Governor of Texas will step up.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Did not Texas offer huge tax incentives and other inducements to lure Tesla when Elon was dangling GiggaFactory No. 1 to the various states? (I'm sure there must be a link to the Texas offer. It seems like their inducement included land near Austin.) I'll bet that that offer still stands. Although with the recession we are entering, I suspect few states will have the wherewithall to make an attractive offer to Tesa. Having said that, the promise of lots of new jobs (Texans building Teslas), I'll bet the Governor of Texas will step up.
I never saw anything near like you are posing in a question form in any news release or podcast.

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
In any case, the incentives offered by Nevada were better than from Texas (if any) at that time. This time though, the ball is in Teslaā€™s court and they seem to have the upper hand. I assume this time Tesla might include the clause of direct sales along with the factory. I have an eerie feeling that Texas has already rejected Teslaā€™s request for that during behind the scenes negotiations and therefore their newly declared quest for locations in Central USA. Who knows whatā€™s actually happening. We can only speculate.
Sponsored