Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At tonight's annual shareholder meeting, Elon said Cybertruck price and spec will change. That in 2019 when they revealed, they could not have possibly known about the inflation and current environment.

Elon said......
"It was unveiled in 2019, for a $99 deposit. Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, it will be a damn fine product. We are tracking to be in production middle of next year. Tooling install starting in next few months. "

Between now and production, i hope the world and economy stabilizes enough to keep the price hike to a minimum.

Im prepared to pay 5-6 k more for a CT3. If its too much more than that, I'm going for CT2.

Went for my 1st oil change in the '22 Sienna. Dealer offered me 7k more than i paid new in nov 21. Gulp!!!!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've said it before, I think the price will be at least 20% increase across the board...and prob more like 25%.

Single 55k
Dual 65k
Tri 85k
Quad 100k
Dang bubba, you think CT2 is going up 30%?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Elon said price and spec will change. That in 2019 when they revealed, they could not have possibly known about the inflation and current enviroment.

Between now and production, i hope the world and economy stabalizes enough to keep the price hike to a minimum.

Im prepared to pay 5-6 k more for a ct3. If its too much more than that, im going for ct2.

Went for my 1st oil change in the '22 Sienna. Dealer offered me 7k more than i paid new in nov 21. Gulp!!!!
I tell you what, if Tesla increases the spec/range on the dual motor CT to 500 miles I will be excited to pay more than $50K but less than $70K.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It is true that Elon answered the question about holding prices for original reservations with a directed comment about inflation and supply-chain issues, but he also said that the CT would be "one awesome machine". Given his earlier statements about making the CT affordable, I still believe (and will continue to believe) that he will try to keep the price increase as close to the original quotes as possible. What @ED_SFO posed, with 20% increases, even eclipses the Model Y price increases over the past 2 years. Whatever he is smoking, I want some.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Same here. I don't need more than 2 motors or a blvd racer. Give me range. Honestly i would choose a 500mi CT2 at 65k over a 500mi CT3 at 70k
It is possible that many CT3 reservation holders would agree with this "IF" they didn't have to wait an additional 2 years for a Cybertruck. Of course I pulled that number out of a hat, but the question would be, even if such an offer were made, what time difference would trigger their decision. I am sure the threshold would be very individual and nuanced.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
A dual motor cyber truck cannot be the same price as a model y long range which is selling like hot cakes at 65k...most likely more tbh.
Ugh I hope you are wrong. I think the price on the Y will come down soon. The CT2 needs to stay below $60

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
A dual motor cyber truck cannot be the same price as a model y long range which is selling like hot cakes at 65k...most likely more tbh.
yes it can...no it can't...yes it can...no it can't...what were we talking about?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Elon said the inflation curve may have hit its peak.

Telsa has fixed price long term supplier contracts.

The CT is being produced a year from now.

If all these are true, then have we bypassed the worst of the increases ?

Some projected price increases should be significantly less if we take these truisms, as they stand now, into calculations.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
There are a couple of things you aren't taking into consideration. The main one being, that's the price, if you were ordering the Model Y today (not something you reserved over 2 1/2 years ago). Also, the Dual CT is said to be less expensive for Tesla to build.
In a year or less we SHOULD know!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.