TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I've felt for some time that we're going to end up with two models, CTDual and Quad. Dual will be more expensive than the original quote, but in line with current Model Y pricing. Quad will be pricey, a prestige model. I'd expect 300 mile range for Dual, and hopefully still the 500 for the quad.
Sponsored

VFRMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, 15.36 KW solar
Occupation
Associate Professor, Mathematics
Country flag
Dang bubba, you think CT2 is going up 30%?
I hope that's not correct. If so, regardless of the reason for the price increase, I'm out.

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
A dual motor cyber truck cannot be the same price as a model y long range which is selling like hot cakes at 65k...most likely more tbh.
mmmmmmmmm hotcakes 🥞

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I've felt for some time that we're going to end up with two models, CTDual and Quad. Dual will be more expensive than the original quote, but in line with current Model Y pricing. Quad will be pricey, a prestige model. I'd expect 300 mile range for Dual, and hopefully still the 500 for the quad.
what I need is the range.... don't care if it's 2 or 3 motor. 500 miles is my factor.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Please stop catastrophizing.

It was cheaper than the Y before, why wouldn't it be now?

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
No, the prices have to hold.

All this doom and boom talking about increased prices is just ensuring that there are.

We shouldn't accept this doomsaying prepping for price increases.

No price increase.

-Crissa
What are you proposing? A sit-in?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Please stop catastrophizing.

It was cheaper than the Y before, why wouldn't it be now?

-Crissa
I'm not castrating anything. People expect full size trucks cost more than compact SUVs. I think they will charge in line with the Y for the Dual CT. That car is selling like hotcakes.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Yeah.. he referenced record inflation as one of two reasons for the prices changing.. but then minutes later hypothesized that inflation is heading down and even said that it will drop off a cliff rapidly, and that their raw materials costs are going down. So which is it? Sounds like someone claiming their real estate properties are worth more in one instance and less in another instance when it benefits them.

Regardless.. we will find out in the next year what it is. Some of us will afford it.. many more wont.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Yeah.. he referenced record inflation as one of two reasons for the prices changing.. but then minutes later hypothesized that inflation is heading down and even said that it will drop off a cliff rapidly, and that their raw materials costs are going down. So which is it? Sounds like someone claiming their real estate properties are worth more in one instance and less in another instance when it benefits them.

Regardless.. we will find out in the next year what it is. Some of us will afford it.. many more wont.
Inflation can cool, but that doesn't mean it goes negative.

I think inflation is part of the situation, but the other part is the demand for Tesla vehicles. Everyone wants them. They'd be foolish to not charge what the market will bare.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What are you proposing? A sit-in?
I am proposing to not make up things which have not been said.

Every time someone floats the idea that a price increase is inevitable, announced, or acceptable, it moves the Overton window.

Just... don't do it.

-Crissa

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
If we are all honest with ourselves and look at the new world around us...if we really want this new incredible vehicle we are going to need to make sacrifices and try to understand the macro economics of what's happening in the world. Everything costs more... literally everything. So our beloved truck will too. Expect 25% increase and you'll be ok...if it's beyond your reach for now it will be some day within reach. Does it suck yes!! We all do not have a choice...deal with the cards we are dealt. 🥲
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.