Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Musk just tweeted that the production Cybertruck will be about 82" in width and that the upper laser blade lights (at top of the cab) will be standard. (y)

For width comparison:

2020 F-150 Lariat Width (with mirrors): 96.8 in
2020 F-150 Lariat Width (mirrors folded): 83.5 in
Sponsored

Last edited:

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
I like that the Cybertruck updates from Musk so far haven't signaled much is changing between the concept and the production Cybertruck.

I wonder though if by mentioning the upper laser blade lights specifically without mentioning the laser blade headlights, it means that either 1) the laser blade headlights are no more or 2) they're not coming standard like the upper lights. Or maybe I'm just reading into a tweet waaay too much

Reactions: Tes

Tes

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Business owner, entrepreneur
Country flag
I like that the Cybertruck updates from Musk so far haven't signaled much is changing between the concept and the production Cybertruck.

I wonder though if by mentioning the upper laser blade lights specifically without mentioning the laser blade headlights, it means that either 1) the laser blade headlights are no more or 2) they're not coming standard like the upper lights. Or maybe I'm just reading into a tweet waaay too much
I feel you on that. I hope the headlight stays! I hope it all stays!

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag

I wouldn't read too much into the omission. I think he didn't mention the headlights because the upper laser blade lights are there partially to satisfy a DOT requirement for a vehicle that measures over 80" wide. The tweet wasn't about the headlights.

More information here:
https://jalopnik.com/why-some-trucks-have-five-little-lights-on-the-roof-1830914130

Stephe5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

I have seen elsewhere that the the laser blade headlights had to be changed to have two distinct light sources due to regulations.

Wile

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
Country flag
I would rather see a 84" width, my Tundra has a 79.9" width and would like to see more
If they make it too big then charging in the garage is less possible and a deal breaker for many, including me.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
If they're finalizing a production design that means that they're close to gearing for production. I hope this means they're as ahead of schedule as they were with the model Y.

Jon2nd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Real estate
Country flag
Musk just tweeted that the production Cybertruck will be about 82" in width and that the upper laser blade lights (at top of the cab) will be standard. (y)

For width comparison:

2020 F-150 Lariat Width (with mirrors): 96.8 in
2020 F-150 Lariat Width (mirrors folded): 83.5 in
82” wide. I’m now designing my garage. Thanks Elon.

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Unrelated: has anyone estimated the turning radius? That depends on the wheelbase right?

Last edited:

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
Unrelated: has anyone estimated the turning radius? That depends on the wheelbase right?
Turning radius depends on the maximum angle the front wheels can turn, as well as the wheel base length.