Musk says Tesla Raw Materials prices trending down.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
As a Canadian, Tesla (and pretty much everyone) tacks on 30-40% to vehicle prices. I have never expected the CT to be anything less than 6 digits. But don't cry for us northerners. We have Poutine and Healthcare.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As a Canadian, Tesla (and pretty much everyone) tacks on 30-40% to vehicle prices. I have never expected the CT to be anything less than 6 digits. But don't cry for us northerners. We have Poutine and Healthcare.
I’ve only tried Poutine here in the states and I know what Canadians think of American Poutine so I’ll withold judgement on that.

But I’d pay 30% more for my Cybertruck if it meant I could get decent public healthcare In a heartbeat.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I’ve only tried Poutine here in the states and I know what Canadians think of American Poutine so I’ll withold judgement on that.

But I’d pay 30% more for my Cybertruck if it meant I could get decent public healthcare In a heartbeat.
Yes, but would you put up with our snow? I hope your answer is yes, since it means more stuff for the Cybertruck to stomp over.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes, but would you put up with our snow? I hope your answer is yes, since it means more stuff for the Cybertruck to stomp over.
I can’t mountain bike in snow and don’t ski so I’d have to head south For the winter.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You know, you live where I'd go to ski. It's an easy day trip to the snow and back from there.

-Crissa
I live in a pretty awesome place. Snow is 60 minutes right, beach is 60 minutes left. Miles and miles of amazing forests and mountains in between with a skinny valley where there are jobs healthcare and fairly affordable homes.

Hard for me to get excited about relocating, but it does suck that my healthcare is tied to my job or I’d take more long term time off.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'd have laughed but you had to put that bitter in there.

-Crissa
Likewise.

The other thing which is painful for me is dealing with enrolling/ disenrolling into these programs. If I took 6 months off, then I’d want to enroll in OHP but I don’t think I’m eligible for to switch that quickly. Then get employed for a year and get on employer healthplan… it’s just a mess.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They're so quick to kick you, not so quick to pick you up. We let people keep their marketplace plans here in California, but the employer plans are still slightly superior.

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Hard for me to get excited about relocating, but it does suck that my healthcare is tied to my job or I’d take more long term time off
Dude, its a racket and the statistics, morbity and QoL backup that statement. The US healthcare ranks ~47th in the world, #1 most expensive. This from a man married 16yrs to a Scripps physician practicing in SoCal.
Drop your golden handcuffs, start living life, yours before a named disease or calamity takes that liberty away.
I’m in Panama. Dr visit $12USD. Bloodwork $9–29. Cortisone injection$100. My roomy was quoted $3500 for cortisone treatment in Marin. Blood PRT therapy $4000 in Marin, is $120 ea. here. No insurance markup, cash out of pocket. And the doctor here is equal to physicians there and in ways is better healthcare than in SoCal. Canadians lose their mind that $12 gets them a blood test to determine their Bloodtype here, on-the-spot. Canada won’t test your bloodtype, for bloodtype sake, period!

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
The narrative that Cybertruck prices will be tending towards six figures is falling apart.
I agree wholly, but there will BE a six figure truck I'd bet dude.

I predict.... $60k and $87k intro prices. The $100k truck will be crazy range, do it to say they did it kind of thing. November announcement. We will start seeing g-press deliveries in about 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I agree wholly, but there will BE a six figure truck I'd bet dude.

I predict.... $60k and $87k intro prices. The $100k truck will be crazy range, do it to say they did it kind of thing. November announcement. We will start seeing g-press deliveries in about 3 weeks.
I would not be surprised either way.

Tesla’s six figure cars are their low volume cars. The Model X and Model S are pretty hard capped at 100k units/ year and they haven’t gotten close to those numbers more than a year after the relaunch of the Model S.

I could see them hitting $100k for a Plaid Cybertruck, but I don’t think it’s anywhere nearly a certainty. Tesla wants huge volume. That’s the dual motor and the tri motor (maybe quad if price is in that ballpark).
Sponsored