Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Nice tweet by Elon congratulating Ford on the debut of the Mustang Mach-E. Any opinions on the Mach-E? Decent looking car but it'll be hard for them to beat the Model Y which has the upper hand with the supercharging network and more advanced autonomous driving. Also doubt that Ford will be able to match the scope and frequency of Tesla's OTA updates.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
The only problem I have is that Ford bastardized the Mustang name. Not since the "Mustang II" has Ford done such a disservice to the Mustang brand.
There has never been a four door Mustang and traditionally high performance vehicles have been two door coupes.
There will still be ICE Mustangs produced for the next few years with the coupe body style and various engine/drivetrain combinations from mild to wild.
I think they are just attempting to capitalize on the reputation of the Mustang and attract younger buyers to accept EV's by calling it Mustang and hanging an E on the end of it.
I would be more impressed if they had came up with an original name for it or recycle an old badge.
Edsel comes to mind.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
The only problem I have is that Ford bastardized the Mustang name. Not since the "Mustang II" has Ford done such a disservice to the Mustang brand.
There has never been a four door Mustang and traditionally high performance vehicles have been two door coupes.
There will still be ICE Mustangs produced for the next few years with the coupe body style and various engine/drivetrain combinations from mild to wild.
I think they are just attempting to capitalize on the reputation of the Mustang and attract younger buyers to accept EV's by calling it Mustang and hanging an E on the end of it.
I would be more impressed if they had came up with an original name for it or recycle an old badge.
Edsel comes to mind.
OMG, I can't believe it. That is so gross. Why can't they just leave it at 2-door? 4-door electric mustang is destined to fail. Are they trying to fail super-hard? Sure looks like it. What's next, an electric Challenger station wagon? ?

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
At one time I was a big fan of the Dodge Magnum wagon......I wanted the SRT-8 which had the Hemi engine. My son said it looked too much like a hearse and I told him "yea but it will get you to the graveyard quick".
While on vacation I rented one and decided getting in and out of the beast would not be much easier than my Elantra coupe (which I gave to my daughter when I bought my Nissan EV200 van).
Now I just look forward to getting my CT.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I had my first Mach-E sighting yesterday. We were both getting on a freeway on-ramp with a traffic light so I had some time to check it out. It was finished in the bright blue color and I think Ford got the styling spot on. I read that Ford can only build 50k units this year at their Mexico manufacturing plant because of battery constraints from the battery supplier.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I saw my first video commercial for the Mustang Mach-E today while watching Youtube videos so Ford is using mainstream media platforms to pimp the vehicle.
I've yet to see a commercial for Tesla so Ford is playing catchup the old fashioned way..........good old advertising.
I'm sure all the motorhead magazines will happily take Ford's money to push their entrance to the EV world. It will probably capture a few of their "awards" (putting lipstick on a pig).
I don't think Tesla is too worried about Ford or the other legacy brands.........I think their serious competition will be startups like Tesla that think outside of the box.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
At one time I was a big fan of the Dodge Magnum wagon......I wanted the SRT-8 which had the Hemi engine. My son said it looked too much like a hearse and I told him "yea but it will get you to the graveyard quick".
While on vacation I rented one and decided getting in and out of the beast would not be much easier than my Elantra coupe (which I gave to my daughter when I bought my Nissan EV200 van).
Now I just look forward to getting my CT.
I rented a Dodge Magnum once, was essentially an extended version of a Chrysler 300, drove good, had the V6 and was able to go from Phoenix to Las Vegas on 1 tank of gas
Sponsored