My 2022 Cybertruck MSRP predictions. Are you sitting down?

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
What a F#$& Up if Tesla didn’t lock-in steel prices based on RN’s.
I don't know anything about the car industry. But how the chip shortage is going, probably not enough steel.
Sponsored

Jim Polkowski

First Name
Jim P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Country flag
Steel and energy prices will always fluctuate and may come down once all the auto companies get back to normal production and inflation cools. I also don't think the Build Back Better tax rebates for EVs will make it as it is the easiest part of BBB to chop. We don't even have enough EVs to sell to make it to the average person, rich people no problem.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The whole point of the EV tax credits in the BBB bill is to make EVs reachable by the middle class. It applies to older cars, older models, and more motorcycles and also to used and autocycles (three-wheelers like Aptera and Can-Am).

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The whole point of the EV tax credits in the BBB bill is to make EVs reachable by the middle class. It applies to older cars, older models, and more motorcycles and also to used and autocycles (three-wheelers like Aptera and Can-Am).

-Crissa
Wait... So does the EV tax credit (I know, it's not finalized and all but based on current projections) apply to used car sales? Like if I go buy a used Tesla (or heaven forbid a Bolt) I could get the incentive?

Does that mean that my friend and I could just keep selling the same vehicle back and forth between us to keep collecting on the incentive over and over? We could keep trading the same set of cash and vehicle back and forth without much cost beyond the sales tax.

Am I going to be hearing about someone scamming the government out of more incentive funds?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, there was a small amount for used vehicles.

You can't keep getting the incentive because there's only the one incentive and you lose the incentive if you sell your car.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Zinc

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Cybertruck order 1 year.
Country flag
That would suck. As a long time Porsche owner, I was first interested in the Taycan EV model, but when i saw the base pricing at 80k, I shifted to Tesla and wouldn't do it without the self driving, i will be ok with a base model otherwise but closer to 80 and I am Porsche bound.
Sponsored