My Christmas Wish - Will GA production start?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Gee I’d be happy if GigaAustin production would start this Christmas. Does anyone out there have news? Tesla said they expected production to begin in 2021 and time is running out fast.
Sponsored

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Gee I’d be happy if GigaAustin production would start this Christmas. Does anyone out there have news? Tesla said they expected production to begin in 2021 and time is running out fast.
Go to u tube there are plenty of drone videos on the progress. Time-lapse as well. Not ready yet but not too far off either.

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Go to u tube there are plenty of drone videos on the progress. Time-lapse as well. Not ready yet but not too far off either.
I watch those drone videos every day and there is nothing in them that tells us Tesla cannot produce cars. All it says is that a building that is large enough to make 2M cars a year isn’t yet closed in or complete.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I told Santa all I wanted was to hit the 52 week high again before the new year starts.

I’d ask him about the Austin opening but last time I wouldn’t get off his lap and they called mall security.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Several of the latest videos I have watched have shown scrap containers being loaded with castings and stamped parts.
If they are not producing cars they are setting up the lines and testing the machines to do it.
When we see them staged in the shipping areas we'll know they are producing them for sale and scaling up for full production.
I'd like to see CT's staged along with the cars.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Hope so, but time is ticking. I believe they would need a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) before they can begin production.

You can track their applications here, just search for Harold Green Rd. on the address. Hopefully we will see a CO applied for and approved soon.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/web/permit/public-search-other?reset=true

I did see that they completed their arborist review of the trees, which can be a PITA to deal with. I have a friend who cannot get a pool due to his builder-grade oak tree in his backyard.