My CyberTruck is finally fixed: Cost & Timeline revealed

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I wanted to keep a clean title
The title will still be clean, even if you file the claim. What you wouldn't want is a salvage title, but that's not a concern here (that requires the vehicle to be totalled).
Sponsored

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The title will still be clean, even if you file the claim. What you wouldn't want is a salvage title, but that's not a concern here (that requires the vehicle to be totalled).
My model S had a small repair done and it shows on title and has hurt its resale value. I was trying to avoid that on my CT

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My model S had a small repair done and it shows on title and has hurt its resale value. I was trying to avoid that on my CT
Maybe California is different from Washington. In Washington the Title only reflects a salvage title, not a minor fender-bender.

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Country flag
Maybe California is different from Washington. In Washington the Title only reflects a salvage title, not a minor fender-bender.
Your carfax will have that if you had an accident. It’s attached to the vin. I guarantee you the carfax is populated in Washington especially since they claim all 50 states and DC:

https://www.carfax.com/company/vhr-data-sources

That said, a small fender bender listed won’t hurt the value too much. However a major, where frame, etc is involved can have an impact on resale.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your carfax will have that if you had an accident. It’s attached to the vin. I guarantee you the carfax is populated in Washington especially since they claim all 50 states and DC:

https://www.carfax.com/company/vhr-data-sources

That said, a small fender bender listed won’t hurt the value too much. However a major, where frame, etc is involved can have an impact on resale.
I thought we were discussing the Title, not the CarFax. The Title does not reflect minor accidents, only if the insurance company had totalled it. It's called a "Salvage Title".

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought we were discussing the Title, not the CarFax. The Title does not reflect minor accidents, only if the insurance company had totalled it. It's called a "Salvage Title".
Right. I think it’s true for most states that if it’s a totaled car, it’s issued a salvage title and normal accidents aren’t on the title itself.

I was commenting on car fax because it seemed that the OP was more concerned about the value and my read so far on the thread was he didn’t want the accident attached to the vehicle for resale value. Dealerships always pull the car fax as do most savvy open market buyers. So his point is valid regarding value.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right. I think it’s true for most states that if it’s a totaled car, it’s issued a salvage title and normal accidents aren’t on the title itself.

I was commenting on car fax because it seemed that the OP was more concerned about the value and my read so far on the thread was he didn’t want the accident attached to the vehicle for resale value. Dealerships always pull the car fax as do most savvy open market buyers. So his point is valid regarding value.
I was confused because he called "CarFax" the "Title". People should say what they mean.

I'm always amazed at things people worry about. A minor accident like that is not going to appreciably affect the value if it's been professionally repaired to "like new" condition because there was no structural damage.

If the other driver really was at fault, I would have taken advantage of their insurance, there would be no deductible, the repair would done professionally, all at no cost. As it stands, a future buyer could still ask if the car had ever been in an accident and there is only one truthful answer, yes, and I fixed it myself.

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was confused because he called "CarFax" the "Title". People should say what they mean.

I'm always amazed at things people worry about. A minor accident like that is not going to appreciably affect the value if it's been professionally repaired to "like new" condition because there was no structural damage.

If the other driver really was at fault, I would have taken advantage of their insurance, there would be no deductible, the repair would done professionally, all at no cost. As it stands, a future buyer could still ask if the car had ever been in an accident and there is only one truthful answer, yes, and I fixed it myself.
Yep…. Agreed on all counts.

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Cyber T, S , Infinty, Buick, sligshot, Goldwi
Occupation
Diamond coated surgical burrs
Country flag
So apparently my dash cam wasn’t formatted and didn’t record 🤦🏻‍♂️ it’s one of my tips. MAKE SURE YOUR DASHCAM IS FORMATTED AT DELIVERY 🤣
I was a Traffic Accident Investigator in the military. From what I could see and the way you explained it, it was her fault. PLEASE, for the sake of all the issues and pain, call the police, it would have been a slam dunk. 95B Military Police.

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I was a Traffic Accident Investigator in the military. From what I could see and the way you explained it, it was her fault. PLEASE, for the sake of all the issues and pain, call the police, it would have been a slam dunk. 95B Military Police.
I appreciate the support and feedback. I now know that I messed up by not calling the police 😩

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag

An accident period, will effect the price. Ive owned over a dozen cars, and my pops is 100+ deep. Before carfax became mainstream? No issue. Now that you can see any form of damage on there (hell some of them show car washes at dealers) it definitely effects the price.

Now how much? $1-2, maybe $5k, if a bunch of cybertrucks are for sale $10-15k? You never know the extent of the damage, so anything will hurt value.
Sponsored