Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HD F150, HD Wideglide
Occupation
sales
Country flag
So while I was in Mexico recently my F150 decide to blow #7 spark plug. Got a temporary fix that got me home but now in the process of doing the permeant fix on that cylinder to keep it going until my Cybertruck is delivered. Now I just have to worry about the other 7 on the Triton 5.4.

I still may keep the F150 as my Mexico vehicle since the charging availability won't be easy south of the border for quite some time.
Tesla Cybertruck My F150 just reminded me why I want the CyberTruck IMG_20210503_065133157
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Very cold, wet plug. A bit worn.

But those threads! Man what happened to ream out the washer seal? Someone over-tighten?

Tesla have effectively EOL mechanics. The point of fixing, maintaining ICE are diminishing returns to the point of zero. But foreign countries, that’s viable dumping ground from 1st wave of EV transitioning. Some models will do better than others.

BUT oldtimers with solid ICE, they’ll keep those vehicles for long range travel, foreign adventure and weekends where its inappropriate to charge in front of people. LOL

I have a solid ten years left in my ICE that may just be too costly to keep to myself. ICE are a $$$/mo proposition to keep running.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
The 5.4 is known to blow the plugs, if I'm not mistaken! That stinks! Glad you made it home.

OP
OP
bcexperts

bcexperts

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HD F150, HD Wideglide
Occupation
sales
Country flag
Permanent fix has been done on #7. Calvan Kit worked well. Now I just have to wait for the next one to blow.

Before & After

Tesla Cybertruck My F150 just reminded me why I want the CyberTruck Before repair

Tesla Cybertruck My F150 just reminded me why I want the CyberTruck After ream & ta

OP
OP
bcexperts

bcexperts

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HD F150, HD Wideglide
Occupation
sales
Country flag
Very cold, wet plug. A bit worn.

But those threads! Man what happened to ream out the washer seal? Someone over-tighten?

Tesla have effectively EOL mechanics. The point of fixing, maintaining ICE are diminishing returns to the point of zero. But foreign countries, that’s viable dumping ground from 1st wave of EV transitioning. Some models will do better than others.

BUT oldtimers with solid ICE, they’ll keep those vehicles for long range travel, foreign adventure and weekends where its inappropriate to charge in front of people. LOL

I have a solid ten years left in my ICE that may just be too costly to keep to myself. ICE are a $$$/mo proposition to keep running.
Yeah I think I'll be one of those oldtimers. My 2001 HD F150 still gets compliments to this day and will be great as my 2nd vehicle for all the reasons you stated above.

Tesla Cybertruck My F150 just reminded me why I want the CyberTruck HD F150 Super Crew

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
Yeah I think I'll be one of those oldtimers. My 2001 HD F150 still gets compliments to this day and will be great as my 2nd vehicle for all the reasons you stated above.

HD F150 Super Crew.jpg
Just dropped 800$ to fix a $25.oo part on ice car to fix the actuator under the dash for AC. These hidden planned obsoleasance trats of the big 3 is why im giveing my hard earned dollars to tesla.

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
My Jeep's actuator just "clicks" (upon startup and even when I open any door) and then starts working (blowing cold AC or heat)...

The replacement part is in the glovebox, but I'm too lazy to install it...

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
Just dropped 800$ to fix a $25.oo part on ice car to fix the actuator under the dash for AC. These hidden planned obsoleasance trats of the big 3 is why im giveing my hard earned dollars to tesla.
I've been delaying that same repair on my Silverado. The damn truck makes fart sounds every time I turn on the AC.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I've been delaying that same repair on my Silverado. The damn truck makes fart sounds every time I turn on the AC.
Yeah.. there is an elephant in my car every time my Dad rides with me.