MyTeslaWeekend Rumor - Dual Motor only for the first 500k units produced!

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Brian from MyTeslaWeekend has some new juice... take it what you will.

Get through all the other stuff, but around 9:40 in, he starts talking about some leaks he's heard from his sources at Tesla.

1.) Semi will be using plaid or plaid-similar carbon wrapped motors and they are cranking them out currently at Fremont/Nevada. Just 3-4 trucks worth of motors per day at Nevada which isn't the main factory for those motors.

2.) Nevada is setting up two new power wall 3 lines for a total of 3 lines cranking out 33,000 power walls a day by end of year.

3.) Cybertruck will be Dual Motor only for approximately the first 500k units produced because they will have a shortage of carbon wrap needed for the quad motors as its all going to Semi and other model's plaid motors. And due to the amount of models sharing the same motors, they will be trying to get as many cybertrucks built as possible with the fewest motors until the bottleneck clears up.

cue the hot takes and heated arguments...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Civic1993

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I just can’t believe that Tesla would not at least ramp with the quad motor Version as they will be working out kinks in assembly and motor production should outpace truck production initially…so why not make a truck worth $20k more each initially…

And Brian is great I watch his show!

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Well, that's an encouraging rumor as I'm approximately 400,000 in the queue with a dual motor Cybertruck. 🙂
is that 400k in the dual motor queue as suggested by the reservation tracker or overall? Cause I assume they are just going to go down the line in order regardless of original variant choice and give everyone the option to change their variant.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
is that 400k in the dual motor queue as suggested by the reservation tracker or overall? Cause I assume they are just going to go down the line in order regardless of original variant choice and give everyone the option to change their variant.
Overall.

Green-Mario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I suppose it depends on what their supply limitations will be. I suspect batteries will still be the primary limiting factor, not motors in 2023. I could be wrong though, I just assume that the carbon wrapping process was done because of how efficient it is vs different motor designs for the higher spinning carbon wrapped variant. Given they use the same # whether its 4 on a semi, or 4 on a CT, or 3 on a Model S. Or two on a Model S.

Either way I will be getting whatever model they start with. That may mean there is no 500+ mile variant for a good while though. Dual motor CT with ~300 miles starting around ~65-70K sounds just about right, unfortunately. I personally would rather see a $100K CT quad with 500+ miles though. Tesla has yet to show a vehicle in their lineup that can do it. The more "basic" offering sounds more realistic.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
I'd go for a dual motor as long as the two motors are separate in the front and rear to allow AWD. I wouldn't want a Plaid-style rear dual motor and no front motor because I want my Cybertruck to be able to handle deeper snow.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
By the way, the host (Brian) in the Inside Scoop video looks and sounds like Dr. Edgemar in Total Recall ( 1990.. of course):

Last edited:

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd go for a dual motor as long as the two motors are separate in the front and rear to allow AWD. I wouldn't want a Plaid-style rear dual motor and no front motor because I want my Cybertruck to be able to handle deeper snow.
The Dual Motor (and Tri motor) was listed in the 2019 reveal as AWD, so for the Dual Motor I suspect one motor in front and one in the rear. At least that is what I'm assuming.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I'm not going to click on anything from "MyTeslaAnythhing" on youtube to bloat my feed with Tesla spam channels... and there are a million of them. This "rumor" (fanfiction) is 100% false, not because they won't produce the Dual first, but because they explicitly state for first 500k units of production. There is no way anyone at Tesla had already decided what they will produce for the next 2+years. I would expect they are trying to calculate what they can produce for the first 6 months and optimize that, and move on from there.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Tell me you have a dual motor reservation without saying you have a dual motor reservation.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

The CyberTruck won't have carbon wrapped rotors because those are only needed for the high RPMs needed for the Plaid's top speed. They don't improve torque, or efficiency.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I am in then having configured my order to dual motor. And the fact that I made my reservation on the night of the reveal.

I promise you all, I'll post the picture to make you droll. 😈 😈 and envious:sick:.
You can make me have dry humor? You're on!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I will have a duel with 7000lb towing.. but

Give me 500 miles .... plus .. with one less motor, swap that savings and charge me extra and give me more miles.

Duel, 800 miles for $70,000 TY. I want to tow.

Actually.... I really want the quad lol ...
Sponsored