Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Alas, it is true, though. You have basically a very rural, remote area with less than half the population of San Jose - and an sixteenth of the population in the greater Bay Area.

-Crissa
Slightly north of 1/4 actually. But you just said that techies are mobile -- and depends on their willingness to relocate and the attractiveness of the place for relocation. Recent phenomena that with the current trend of remote work, Lake Tahoe have seen a vigorous buying of homes and properties from Bay Area techies.

And yeah, I must be looking at it from my perspective. I won't relocate to Austin as I've refused relocation from CA to NJ even with lucrative package and the prospect of leaving that job and topnotch multinational company. Have seen the same when in another company, middle managers and executives choose to be let go instead of relocating to Texas and TN.

If Tesla finds good engineers in Austin, then we'll and good. I made good investment decision then to balance the negatives of Elon's incessant yapping and going against ESV principles of inclusion, mandatory arbitration, diversity (Tesla settled $137MM losing on discrimination suit) and workforce equity.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There's good infrastructure and workforce in Austin. Been to alot of tech conferences there.

But more will just be better. It'll make it more liberal and the laws less bad... hopefully they can avoid the errors we made with property taxes and non-environmental use of environmental laws.

-Crissa

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Actually, I was disputing your assertion that Reno, Carson, Tahoe... have limited hi tech human resource.
They have trouble hiring at all levels. As I've stated if you've got a population of 438k vs. 2.28M with similar unemployment rates you're much more likely to run into staffing issues given the manufacturing facility needs several thousands of workers.

And yeah, I must be looking at it from my perspective. I won't relocate to Austin as I've refused relocation from CA to NJ even with lucrative package and the prospect of leaving that job and topnotch multinational company. Have seen the same when in another company, middle managers and executives choose to be let go instead of relocating to Texas and TN.
Austin is the US second biggest tech hub after the Bay area, all of the large tech companies have some kind of presence there.

If Tesla finds good engineers in Austin, then we'll and good. I made good investment decision then to balance the negatives of Elon's incessant yapping and going against ESV principles of inclusion, mandatory arbitration, diversity (Tesla settled $137MM losing on discrimination suit) and workforce equity.
“When talking to key members of the team that would need to move to Austin from California in order to get the factory going, Austin was their top pick to be totally frank,” Musk said. “That was a big factor in choosing Texas and Austin. Specifically Austin. I guess a lot of people from California if you ask them what’s the one place you’d move outside of California, it’s Austin.”

Seems like you have a personal axe to grind because you don't share his political views. Tesla didn't settle, they appealed that, rightly so if I may add.

Riptide

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps
Country flag
NBC News found it newsworthy to announce that Ford promises to, yet again, double their production of electric pick up trucks. Also newsworthy is that GM has promised to make an electric pick up truck. Where all of the batteries to fulfill these promises will come from, they do not mention. Apparently not newsworthy is that a huge new factory has been completed near Austin, Texas, that will manufacture the Cybertruck and its batteries.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/au...ectric-f-150-lightning-pickup-truck-rcna10891

Maybe they just don’t know ??

edit: we’re > where (grammatical mistake)
To be honest, Tesla fired its press and PR people and closed the department.

What do you expect?

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Seems like you have a personal axe to grind because you don't share his political views. Tesla didn't settle, they appealed that, rightly so if I may add.
Where the heck did you even get this idea? Running out of argument?

I already stated frankly and honestly that I'm with the group of stockholders who voted against putting Murdoch and his chef brother in the Board. We don't think inherited wealth and nepotism has any place in the organization.

We won on our initiative on ESV principles of inclusion and diversity, and #ApartheidElon (yup, from other stockholders, not my original but it fits) is dragging his feet on the implementation.

Tesla lost in the discrimination case. Law 101, appeal means he lost and hence our group's initiative to stem the damage, repair the corporate culture along with it's negative effect on stock values. So is his yapping and you and his Right wing political posturing which I don't mind actually as his right except that he is bringing Tesla's name into it and apparently including his corporate decision-making.

You seem heavy into projection..

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
To be honest, Tesla fired its press and PR people and closed the department.

What do you expect?
I’d expect a journalist to know public facts relevant to the story they are publishing.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I’d expect a journalist to know public facts relevant to the story they are publishing.
I expect the media to do, just what they've done. I would hope they would not be prejudiced, and give fair and equal treatment, to all parties involved. And do their job.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Where the heck did you even get this idea? Running out of argument?

I already stated frankly and honestly that I'm with the group of stockholders who voted against putting Murdoch and his chef brother in the Board. We don't think inherited wealth and nepotism has any place in the organization.

We won on our initiative on ESV principles of inclusion and diversity, and #ApartheidElon (yup, from other stockholders, not my original but it fits) is dragging his feet on the implementation.

Tesla lost in the discrimination case. Law 101, appeal means he lost and hence our group's initiative to stem the damage, repair the corporate culture along with it's negative effect on stock values. So is his yapping and you and his Right wing political posturing which I don't mind actually as his right except that he is bringing Tesla's name into it and apparently including his corporate decision-making.

You seem heavy into projection..
Where? This alone is more than enough proof:

#ApartheidElon

You wrote Tesla settled the case, big difference. Law 101.
Sponsored

Last edited: