Nebraska

dextius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Just a note to the Nebraska peeps out there: Well, here we are... a few years later... Still looking forward to my Cybertruck and still hoping to get mine before they are very common. It was neat being one of 3 Model Ys in our area. It'll be a much bigger deal with the Cybertruck. I can't wait. Well, obviously, I can but still!
Hi TyPope. You still getting the cybertruck? I'm in Papillion as well. I put my order in a few weeks ago, and submitted proof of ownership of tesla stock last week (I like many have an April-June timeframe). I am still quite excited. I mean, I'm no off road guy, mine will be a "asphalt princess" for the near term until we move and I get back to the mountains, where getting to the ski slopes on a powder day is the most important thing including breathing.

I ordered the dual motor, and I also sprung for the extended battery. Cold temps are quite tough on our Model X, and I don't want to deal with range anxiety with the Cybertruck. I am not going to be hauling stuff, and if I am, I don't particularly care if my storage capacity is diminished by the extra battery. I would have been fine with a "cyber suv", and will use it as such.

I saw one in person twice, at a showroom in American Fork Utah a few months ago, and then a second time driving home on dodge leaving Elkhorn. I wish I had pulled the trigger the night it was unveiled, but slept on it for some dumb reason (112915499).

Charging wise, I have a 100 amp breaker hooked up to two Gen 2 wall connectors, daisy chained for power sharing. It's a solid setup, that I'm looking quite forward to fully utilize.

In terms of wraps/protection, I am going to get a ceramic clear coat, because the fingerprints will drive me nuts. I found a place that quoted me a decent price, and my plan is to drive from Tesla directly to their office the day I get it.

I picked up some cheap center wheel covers off of AliExpress until we get the updated hub cap. The rust I saw on other peoples trucks (center wheel) spooked me. Oh, and I still gotta figure out the appropriate SSD to buy for the cybertruck for music / storage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
the dual motor, and I also sprung for the extended battery. Cold temps are quite tough on our Model X, and I don't want to deal with range anxiety with the Cybertruck. I am not going to be hauling stuff, and if I am, I don't particularly care if my storage capacity is diminished by the extra battery. I would have been fine with a "cyber suv", and will use it as such.
Hi TyPope. You still getting the cybertruck? I'm in Papillion as well. I put my order in a few weeks ago, and submitted proof of ownership of tesla stock last week (I like many have an April-June timeframe). I am still quite excited. I mean, I'm no off road guy, mine will be a "asphalt princess" for the near term until we move and I get back to the mountains, where getting to the ski slopes on a powder day is the most important thing including breathing.

I ordered the dual motor, and I also sprung for the extended battery. Cold temps are quite tough on our Model X, and I don't want to deal with range anxiety with the Cybertruck. I am not going to be hauling stuff, and if I am, I don't particularly care if my storage capacity is diminished by the extra battery. I would have been fine with a "cyber suv", and will use it as such.

I saw one in person twice, at a showroom in American Fork Utah a few months ago, and then a second time driving home on dodge leaving Elkhorn. I wish I had pulled the trigger the night it was unveiled, but slept on it for some dumb reason (112915499).

Charging wise, I have a 100 amp breaker hooked up to two Gen 2 wall connectors, daisy chained for power sharing. It's a solid setup, that I'm looking quite forward to fully utilize.

In terms of wraps/protection, I am going to get a ceramic clear coat, because the fingerprints will drive me nuts. I found a place that quoted me a decent price, and my plan is to drive from Tesla directly to their office the day I get it.

I picked up some cheap center wheel covers off of AliExpress until we get the updated hub cap. The rust I saw on other peoples trucks (center wheel) spooked me. Oh, and I still gotta figure out the appropriate SSD to buy for the cybertruck for music / storage.
I am still going to get one. 113344### but I haven't been asked to configure mine yet. Only having just over 200 shares means I'm out of the early group. So sad.

I recently took a promotion that required a move so we are now Maryland residents. We didn't want to live anywhere near DC if we didn't have to so I have a heck of a commute to the Pentagon. I also didn't order right away. At the time, I wasn't completely sold on the styling. But, as many others have said, it's grown on me.

You wouldn't believe all the Teslas around here. We pass dozens of them every day. My wife and I sold her 2020 MY for a 2023 MY when Tesla was doing the FSD swap. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Now, because we sold her car the day we picked hers up, they said they wouldn't transfer FSD. I'm a bit miffed at that, of course. I'm also miffed that my wife didn't tell me it was missing. So, we are working through that.

We were in Eagle Hills right there off Cornhusker... Way back in there near the Bellevue Berry Farm. We are heading back to town for one of our daughter's graduations from UNO May 16th.

I'm quite envious as I kind of liked being one of the few new Teslas and it feels like it's taking forever to get to my reservation number. Sigh. Enjoy your Truck. I can't wait to get mine!