Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
They are in Manila, tagalog area but yes they are a perfect candidate for the fabrication since they stamp stainless steel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
It's simple. Escar paid Tesla $1,000,000 to put their logo on a empty CT looking pallet. Best advertising $ spent.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I know it's for safety, but it seriously feels like they put that rounded mirror there on purpose. If we zoom in on that we gonna see Roy Batty sitting there minding his business?
Where's my Esper machine.

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck Body Shell photos taken INSIDE Giga Texas! 🤳 vlcsnap-2022-10-26-01h58m46s905

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
In theory………body drop onto the mega casting + structural pack + drive units then add interior + glass + doors + lights = done. The assembly line could be crazy short and fast! If they roll a mock body inside might mean they are mock running the assembly portion already?!?!?!?

This is so exciting!!! I need a private moment here…..,,,

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Actually it looks like the arrows point to a seam on the wrap. Looks like an access in the wrap...
I think it says "remove for window/ ball bearing test"......

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
ECSAR MEXICO

San Luis Potosí
Eje 126 # 280
Zona Industrial
San Luis Potosi, SLP, 78395, México
52-444-824-2467
In theory………body drop onto the mega casting + structural pack + drive units then add interior + glass + doors + lights = done. The assembly line could be crazy short and fast! If they roll a mock body inside might mean they are mock running the assembly portion already?!?!?!?

Some here have commented where are the origami machines to make Cybertruck exoskeleton.

Maybe the answer is the Cybertruck exoskeleton will be made at supplier that has a lot of experience with making cheaper stuff out of stainless steel ( ie. NOT rockets). Maybe for quicker ramp to volume production of Cybertruck there will be multiple suppliers of exoskeletons.

In addition, in the future my Cybertruck and other Cybertrucks for export could be made in Mexico. Yeah!!!

-----------------------

Elon Musk visits Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico & chats with officials
By Johnna Crider
Posted on October 23, 2022
https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-nuevo-leon-mexico/

-----------------------

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Some here have commented where are the origami machines to make Cybertruck exoskeleton.

Maybe the answer is the Cybertruck exoskeleton will be made at supplier that has a lot of experience with making cheaper stuff out of stainless steel ( ie. NOT rockets). Maybe for quicker ramp to volume production of Cybertruck there will be multiple suppliers of exoskeletons.

In addition, in the future my Cybertruck and other Cybertrucks for export could be made in Mexico. Yeah!!!

-----------------------

Elon Musk visits Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico & chats with officials
By Johnna Crider
Posted on October 23, 2022
https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-nuevo-leon-mexico/

-----------------------
This shipment I think makes it pretty clear why they wouldn’t do that. Fabricated shells are bulky and need to be protected. That’s a $500 wrap job and will take care to unwrap. Shipping a bunch of these would be expensive.

OP
OP
samroy92

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
This shipment I think makes it pretty clear why they wouldn’t do that. Fabricated shells are bulky and need to be protected. That’s a $500 wrap job and will take care to unwrap. Shipping a bunch of these would be expensive.
Yeah I am thinking ECSAR was only used to fabricate the shipping container and packaging. The container being: fabricated steel truss surrounding a potential cybertruck body. They probably gave ECSAR some dimensions and requirements because Tesla didn't have time to build it themselves.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
When you only have a couple units and a deadline you wrap each one very carefully.

When you have all your Fabergé eggs in one basket you might want that basket to be cushioned & armored.

When you are shipping 100s of thousands you don't spend $500 to wrap each one.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yeah I am thinking ECSAR was only used to fabricate the shipping container and packaging. The container being: fabricated steel truss surrounding a potential cybertruck body. They probably gave ECSAR some dimensions and requirements because Tesla didn't have time to build it themselves.
There are plenty of companies in Texas that can make a shipping crate for Cybertruck exoskeleton body. You don't go through bunch of paper work to import for a couple units of such a minor job.
Sponsored

Last edited: