New FORM factor for Cybertruck Truck Camper

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This and the CybrLndr are so complicated they are almost certain to be incredibly unreliable for camping. For this kind of money I can just tow a pop up or teardrop and take the ~30% performance hit.

Thats assuming they ever figure manufacturing out which seems unlikely.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I like that they're thinking about the problem, tho.

Someone will come up with a working solution eventually, so I'm cheering them all on.

-Crissa
I agree.

But I’m a big fan of KISS when camping. The last thing I want when I’m done with a long camping week/ weekend is spending a few hours fighting to reverse someone’s origami building only to discover the 7th hinge has failed and get stuck driving home with a half deployed portable fort.

Luke42

Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Hybrid (2-Mode)
Country flag
This style of camper comes with a big tradeoff: you can't easily use it as resting/food-prep/self-care space during a highway rest-stop. That's a must-have for my Midwestern use-case, where 12-hour prairie crossings are common.

Another tradeoff is that my family-of-5 won't fit into it. This is another showstopper for my personal use-case.

This camper looks awesome for the use-case it's designed for.

I only mention it because many get excited about these designs, without realizing that they're niche designs. Fortunately, the RV industry has room for many niche designs -- just make sure that any camper you buys matches your use-case.

I'll be sure to give a thumbs-up if see one on the back of a CT!

Cool, idea!

Advertisement

TSLA Stock

Advertisement