Greyfolk

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-ordered Cybertruck (tri-motor)
Country flag
Now that Tesla has dropped the single motor option, and added a 4 motor configuration, I feel that I won't be able to afford the dual motor option any longer. I have a feeling the base dual will start at 65k and the quad will start at over 100k. Add a 4 year wait time (I only pre-ordered a month ago) and I find myself wondering if the Cybertruck is still worth waiting for, as I have no idea what the dual will cost will be.

What insight do you have regarding the cost of the options? Will the low end model start at 60k+? Will I have to wait until 2025 to get my preorder?
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
What insight do you have regarding the cost of the options?
Wait until Tesla tells us what is being offered and what it will cost

Will the low end model start at 60k+?
Nobody (except Tesla) knows. Everything else is speculation. We might as well be a bunch of philosophers standing around a box arguing if the cat is alive or dead. Until Tesla opens the box, the price is more than, less than and exactly the same as original quote.

Will I have to wait until 2025 to get my preorder?
I don’t know for sure. but if you just placed the order a month ago, there is a VERY high probability you’ll be waiting until 2025.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I think @GnarlyDudeLive said it best in another thread. The more I think about it the more confident that the Dual Motor will remain at $49,900 at least for early reservations.
How about
-Quad Motor 600+ range, 140MPH ($79,900) to make the EV tax break.
-Quad Motor 510 range, 130MPH, software locked ($69,900) to make prior CT3 folks happy. With the extra ~100 miles, +10MPH can be unlocked for an additional $10k down the road if wanted.
-Dual Motor 345+ range, 120MPH ($49,900)
-Dual Motor 255 range, 115MPH software locked ($39,900) to make prior CT1 folks happy. With the extra ~100 miles, +5MPH can be unlocked for an additional $10k down the road if wanted.

Also FSD reservations can be purchased separately with a 12 month lock on the original reservation price. This will help to prevent exceeding the EV price limits.

K.I.S.S. : 2 models to manufacture. Simple. :)

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Dual 80,000
Tri Motor 95,000
Quad Motor 115,000

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
we should start a box pool. Eventually someone will guess the right prices and win the prize of having to still buy your CT!

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Now that Tesla has dropped the single motor option, and added a 4 motor configuration, I feel that I won't be able to afford the dual motor option any longer. I have a feeling the base dual will start at 65k and the quad will start at over 100k. Add a 4 year wait time (I only pre-ordered a month ago) and I find myself wondering if the Cybertruck is still worth waiting for, as I have no idea what the dual will cost will be.

What insight do you have regarding the cost of the options? Will the low end model start at 60k+? Will I have to wait until 2025 to get my preorder?
First off, no way you'll get a Cybertruck by 2025 if you just ordered a month ago. Many first evening orders won't be filled prior to 2024. It's possible they sell a few Dual motor CTs at $50k but I wouldn't bet on it. I think $60-70K for dual and $85-95K for quad motor CTs.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The only thing I worry about with one word tweets and rumors, will my place in line be affected? There will be words if so.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Dual 80,000
Tri Motor 95,000
Quad Motor 115,000
Nah I don't see that.... Musk wants to crush the ICE truck segment and those prices won't do it. 80k US is about 100k Canadian so a 69k Trimotor competes very well with a loaded ICE truck.... and hurts that ICE market badly.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
First off, no way you'll get a Cybertruck by 2025 if you just ordered a month ago. Many first evening orders won't be filled prior to 2024. It's possible they sell a few Dual motor CTs at $50k but I wouldn't bet on it. I think $60-70K for dual and $85-95K for quad motor CTs.
I'd surmise Dual and Tri remain the same with a 79k Quad price. Take my money.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The list will be considerably shorter with those prices.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Just makes me glad I pulled the trigger on my model Y. We'll see where things are at with the king Doritos when launch time finally comes around.
Sponsored