Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS.Impala.BMW335i.HD Road King.Fatboy
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
im excited.i got on the list for a cybertruck today.3 of my neighbors have Teslas.my son is getting one in February. Its my turn!!
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
im excited.i got on the list for a cybertruck today.3 of my neighbors have Teslas.my son is getting one in February. Its my turn!!
Welcome Joe. You will enjoy this fine site during the wait.

Deleted member 3884

Welcome Joe. I'm going from a Chevy to Tesla also. I see your current cars listed as camaro and impala. When I get my Cybertruck I plan on selling the Impala.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Welcome Joe. I'm going from a Chevy to Tesla also. I see your current cars listed as camaro and impala. When I get my Cybertruck I plan on selling the Impala.
- wait, you are going to sell his Impala after you get your Cybertruck?
Okay, but can I keep the BMW?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Hasn't anyone told you that when you get a Tesla you're supposed to have a BMW too?

(Otherwise you'll never appreciate how much the Tesla saves you in maintenance.)

OP
OP

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
No.its a 66 convertible..gotta keep it

OP
OP

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
How can i tell my position in line to get my ct..im reading all the articles tha say different numbers on reservations.also theyre gonna have new renderings this month.i like the current design because its different.all it needs is headlights and sleek mirrors.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
How can i tell my position in line to get my ct..im reading all the articles tha say different numbers on reservations.also theyre gonna have new renderings this month.i like the current design because its different.all it needs is headlights and sleek mirrors.
Joe, there are forums here that explain it all. For instance, the first four digits of the number is just a standard date code showing when your order was received.

But knowing that your place in line is, say, 5000 doesn't mean that the 5000th CT will have your name on it. We don't know what models will be available (three at the moment but could change up or down), the production sequence by model, and how that will affect delivery. Nor do we know where the deliveries will go or if you can come to Austin to pick it up.

And the main questions are when will the first one will drive out the door and how many will follow it in what time period. In short, deciphering your order number won't tell you much at this early stage.

OP
OP

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
Also.some reports say single motor will be produced first with 3 motor last..other reports say 3 motor is first with single to follow..i guess its all speculation especially since the plant is only starting construction.im sure it will go up fast so they can pop out the trucks and the semis.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Also.some reports say single motor will be produced first with 3 motor last..other reports say 3 motor is first with single to follow..i guess its all speculation especially since the plant is only starting construction.im sure it will go up fast so they can pop out the trucks and the semis.
If you are just now looking into this you will need to check the dates of when certain things were stated and by whom.

I’ve been following along since the cybertruck reveal and this is what I’ve seen.

Right after the reveal, the stated priority from Tesla was that they were planning to start building single motor CTs first. Followed by dual and then tri-motors. But after the initial huge number of registrations came in, the majority of orders were reported to be for tri-motor CTs. So then the guidance from Tesla shifted and they stated that they would be starting to produce the tri-motor CTs first.

Now with all the buzz about the CT from the initial reveal and at various moments subsequent from that, there have been a ton of outside sources who have reported on the sequence at various times and in various media.

Beyond that, some people with past experience buying Tesla vehicles on preorder lists have added to the conversation regarding how Tesla has tended to deliver vehicles based on map regions, distance, or some additional criteria. The general consensus seems to be that Tesla will continue to use some of those processes.

In the meantime, the price of FSD has been rising periodically and this has induced some people to modify their orders to add/remove FSD from their orders. Anecdotally when I’ve seen people reporting that they made such a change, many have also changed which type of CT they want in their order.

And then there is a coming point in the future where each person who has an order for a CT will need to make the formal order to Tesla for the exact vehicle including options that they want. From what I understand from listening to people who report having preordered other vehicles in the past, each person will be able to order whichever vehicle they want at that point.

So...

Given all this I have an idea of what I think might actually happen with my order. But I am completely open to the idea that I might be wrong. It is possible that in the end my experience will be different than what I’ve deduced.

My recommendation would be that you make plans as best you can but do not get fully wedded to those plans. I’m guessing that once you actually have your CT all the process of how you got it will fade to no impact compared to the great joy of having and using your new CT.
Sponsored