Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sam Alexander posted this on Youtube. What do you think? See it here: NHTSA appointed an openly ANTI-TESLA senior advisor: blatant corruption? - YouTube
If he is correct that is not good.

The administration in the US is not inviting Tesla to talk about electric vehicles EVs at a big event. And etc. what about the US EV grants not helping Tesla as much as other makers. I do not reside in the US, but I find this concerning looking at it from here.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The administration in the US is not inviting Tesla to talk about electric vehicles EVs at a big event. And etc. what about the US EV grants not helping Tesla as much as other makers. I do not reside in the US, but I find this concerning looking at it from here.
Tesla wasn't invited to a talk about converting ICE production.
And no, none of the plans for grants leaves Tesla worse off than most EV production. Only a couple are even looking to use Union labor. Lightning and umm... Bolt?

-Crissa

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla wasn't invited to a talk about converting ICE production.
And no, none of the plans for grants leaves Tesla worse off than most EV production. Only a couple are even looking to use Union labor. Lightning and umm... Bolt?

-Crissa
Yup Crissa, Tesla EV grants are getting a penalty (i.e., being reduced) for not having a union. Giving others (GM, Ford and etc.) a financial benefit of about (~$4,500) per car. HQ is moving to Texas.

Tesla could have been invited as the "poster child" for the ICE production makers.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yup Crissa, Tesla EV grants are getting a penalty (i.e., being reduced) for not having a union. Giving others (GM, Ford and etc.) a financial benefit of about (~$4,500) per car. HQ is moving to Texas.

Tesla could have been invited as the "poster child" for the ICE production makers.
Look, Tesla and other manufacturers could totally employ Unions. Unions are generally associated safer production, and better renumeration for workers. Although Tesla meets or beats other manufacturers on that issue, that means the rest of non-union manufacturers apparently do much more poorly.

The Mach-E is made in Mexico, with non-union labor. The VWs and BMW are made in the US with non-Union labor. The Leaf and Kona are made with non-union labor outside the US.

The Hummer and Lyric will be too expensive for any proposed credit, despite planning to be made with Union labor, they're luxury vehicles.

It's not a big deal. No bill has been passed or even gotten out of committee. So why pretend that things have happened that have not?

-Crissa

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Look, Tesla and other manufacturers could totally employ Unions. Unions are generally associated safer production, and better renumeration for workers. Although Tesla meets or beats other manufacturers on that issue, that means the rest of non-union manufacturers apparently do much more poorly.

The Mach-E is made in Mexico, with non-union labor. The VWs and BMW are made in the US with non-Union labor. The Leaf and Kona are made with non-union labor outside the US.

The Hummer and Lyric will be too expensive for any proposed credit, despite planning to be made with Union labor, they're luxury vehicles.

It's not a big deal. No bill has been passed or even gotten out of committee. So why pretend that things have happened that have not?

-Crissa
I agree, it appears it is not a done deal on the grant issue quite yet.
That is good news. However, if people are not reacting things could get from bad to worse. See this link for more: Electric car US tax credit proposed to $12,500, less for Tesla vehicles - Electrek. There was a saying at my old place of work. This is a slow NO for TESLA. My original point is about something a lot more sinister.

Here it is: Sam Alexander posted this on Youtube. What do you think? See it here: NHTSA appointed an openly ANTI-TESLA senior advisor: blatant corruption? - YouTube - If he is correct that is not new good for TESLA. They need help.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.