Nice to see the picture of the Cybertruck on the MY Police laptop’s wallpaper.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
A Tesla makes a ton of sense as a police car.
This makes me realize I've never seen a Tesla racing in any other way but a drag strip. I'm curious how they handle on a formula 1 course or something like that.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This makes me realize I've never seen a Tesla racing in any other way but a drag strip. I'm curious how they handle on a formula 1 course or something like that.
Aside from the races and car chases, even for boring stuff; The stop and go drives, eating donuts while on stake out with AC on and the motor off, quietly following the shoplifter that is walking on the sidewalk, ….. a Tesla is less costly to operate, less polluting, more quiet and comfortable.

I would like to think that the picture of the CT is a subtle indication what they really wanted.
Absolutely, for The first time in a shoot out a real officer can use his car for protection outside a movie scene. Beside if they want to stick a quote like this on their police car, it would sell much better on a CT than on a Y:

Tesla Cybertruck Nice to see the picture of the Cybertruck on the MY Police laptop’s wallpaper. 1629342074444

OP
OP

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Seeing the other similar treads below where Dubai and Ontario were interested in the CT as a police cruiser will just be the tip of the iceberg regarding other organizations that will also see the benefits I suspect.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The fake photo-shopped 'logo' was obviously a lame attempt to smear and antagonize perceptions. Photo editor did not even attempt to hide it and totally disregarded the sun's glare and reflection on the quarter panel, which would at least be somewhat apparent in the letters if the 'logo' was real.

Aside from the races and car chases, even for boring stuff; The stop and go drives, eating donuts while on stake out with AC on and the motor off, quietly following the shoplifter that is walking on the sidewalk, ….. a Tesla is less costly to operate, less polluting, more quiet and comfortable.

Absolutely, for The first time in a shoot out a real officer can use his car for protection outside a movie scene. Beside if they want to stick a quote like this on their police car, it would sell much better on a CT than on a Y:
1629342074444.jpeg

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
-------------------------------

Laguna Seca Raceway is a paved road racing track in central California used for both auto racing and motorcycle racing, built in 1957 near both Salinas and Monterey, California.
1988 improvements to the track were made in part to lure the F1 race.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeatherTech_Raceway_Laguna_Seca

Tesla MODEL S PLAID 1100HP record LAP at Laguna SECA!
only 2 seconds slower than a Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Sep 23, 2020
Sebastian Vittel

TESLA SETS NEW 1:29.9 EV LAP RECORD AT LAGUNA SECA - (Unofficial Raw Video)
May 17, 2021
The Kilowatts

The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984.
Following the success and first world championship of Michael Schumacher, a second German F1 race was held at the Nürburgring between 1995 and 2006, called the European Grand Prix, or in 1997 and 1998, the Luxembourg Grand Prix.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring

(Another) Modified Tesla Model 3 Performance on the Nürburgring
Nov 6, 2020
Misha Charoudin

Nürburgring: Tesla Model 3 Performance prototype by Unplugged Performance on the Nordschleife
Unplugged Performance, Hawthorne, CA USA ( unpluggedperformance.com )
May 15, 2021
BTGDale

Tesla Model S Plaid Is Back At The Ring (Nurburgring, Germany), You Know What That Means
Jul 27, 2021
By: Dan Mihalascu
https://insideevs.com/news/522825/tesla-models-plaid-nurburgring-return/

2022 Tesla Model S Plaid returns to the Nurburgring, record attempt imminent
Tesla's fastest electric car has returned to the Nurburgring in production guise – with a record attempt said to be in its sights.
By Alex Misoyannis
27 July 2021
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2022-...d-at-the-nurburgring-record-attempt-imminent/

Tesla Cybertruck Nice to see the picture of the Cybertruck on the MY Police laptop’s wallpaper. Tesla-Cybertruck-rear-steering-video-1024x682

Tesla Cybertruck Nice to see the picture of the Cybertruck on the MY Police laptop’s wallpaper. FsP1G_8acAAsK__-1024x535

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
---------------------------

At Laguna Seca race track, the Tesla Model S Plaid has faster lap times than most production high-performance ICE cars.

Tesla Model S Plaid modded by Unplugged Performance ran a 1:28.2 lap time at Laguna Seca race track.
For reference
fastest production car record is a McLaren Senna with a 1:27.6. (MSRP $999,999)
2nd fastest a Porsche 991 GT2 RS with a 1:28:3. (MSRP $293,200)
The Model S Plaid’s lap time was faster than the record set by the
McLaren 720S (MSRP $342,100) 1:29.78
Porsche 918 Spyder (MSRP $329,900) 1:29.89
The Acura ARX-01b holds the record for the fastest lap time at Laguna Seca at 1:10.10, though it is not a production vehicle.
By Fred Lambert
Aug. 2nd 2021
https://electrek.co/2021/08/02/tesla-model-s-plaid-modded-up-breaks-ev-lap-record-laguna-seca/

Best Driver's Car 2020: Laguna Seca Lap Times, Slowest to Quickest
2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe Turbo Time: 1:40.27
2020 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 Lap Time: 1:37.83
2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Lap Time: 1:36.14 (MSRP $117,100)
2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Lap Time: 1:33.84
2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S Lap Time: 1:32.97
2020 Lamborghini Huracan Evo Lap Time: 1:32.85 (MSRP $242,580)
2020 Ferrari F8 Tributo Lap Time: 1:32.27 (MSRP $280,000)
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2020-best-drivers-car-laguna-seca-lap-times

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The fake photo-shopped 'logo' was obviously a lame attempt to smear and antagonize perceptions. Photo editor did not even attempt to hide it and totally disregarded the sun's glare and reflection on the quarter panel, which would at least be somewhat apparent in the letters if the 'logo' was real.
Read the post above yours.

It was an evil transformer from a bad movie.

TessyT

First Name
Arni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2x Cybertruck 3m FSD (deposit)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A Tesla won Pikes Peak, They are working on F1 with the Plaid. They slaughter Gassers at the drags.