VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Very interesting. I'm sure many will have fun parceling this out if true, and looks to be.
Funny as I watched a You Tube on this topic last night and the presenter thought Toyota would be the much anticipated secret partner.

Nikola to partner with GM for production of Badger

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...ikola/ar-BB18PyJF?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

'Nikola will be responsible for the sales and marketing of the Badger, but it will be built on GM's new battery electric truck underpinnings and use GM fuel cell and battery technology. GM also will supply batteries for other Nikola vehicles including heavy trucks.'

So not using any of Nikola's tech to produce the Badger?

Also, am I reading this correctly GM to get Nikola shares as part of bargain, wonder what investors will think.....

This is hilarious, not even a Nikola product any longer. GM just bought rights to the render and Nikola badge......Crazy? Thoughts....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Very interesting. i sure many will have fun parceling this out if true and looks to be.

Nikola to partner with GM for production of Badger

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...ikola/ar-BB18PyJF?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

'Nikola will be responsible for the sales and marketing of the Badger, but it will be built on GM's new battery electric truck underpinnings and use GM fuel cell and battery technology. GM also will supply batteries for other Nikola vehicles including heavy trucks.'

So not using any of Nikola's tech to produce the Badger?

Also, am I reading this correctly GM to get Nikola shares as part of bargain, wonder what investors will think.....

This is hilarious, not even anikola product any longer. GM just bought rights to the rednder and Nikola badge......Crazy? Thoughts....
I guess Nikola would rather not use the super awesome super superior Battery and FCEV technology they posses :rolleyes:

Nikola is looking more and more like a scam everyday...

OP
OP
VI Tesla

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
I guess Nikola would rather not use the super awesome super superior Battery and FCEV technology they posses :rolleyes:

Nikola is looking more and more like a scam everyday...
I don't know....I presume they'l make some $s on the GM Badger, so......really smart, in that all they have to do is sell it? This is such a weird partnership....somebody please explain the cost benefits here, too much for me.....

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I don't know....I presume they'l make some $s on the GM Badger, so......really smart, in that all they have to do is sell it? This is such a weird partnership....somebody please explain the cost benefits here, too much for me.....
I cant figure it out at ALL..

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
GM’s 11% stake in Nikola automatically gives the company some respect. Shares of Nikola jumped almost 41% today.

Last edited:

OP
OP
VI Tesla

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
GM’s 11% stake in Nikola automatically gives the company some respect. Shares of Nikola jumped almost 41% today.
End of the Badger, in my opinion.
GM is to engineer and build with their own tech, what the heck do they need Nikola for? convenient scape goat?
If GM was to use Nikola's 'superior tech' (yes sarcasm as it is yet to be proven) then it might make sense.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
GM will supply the already designed and engineered “skateboard” with Ultium battery technology, Nikola to supply a redesigned body and interior.

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
GM is merely trying to recoup the billions they spent on their fuel cell technology that they know is now obsolete. They only need Nikola to keep up appearances for a year, and then they can sell their shares and make billions. Then walk away.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Hmmm,
How about GM will build vehicles and escape from their Dealer business model, with a new Electric division that sells direct, bypassing dealers that have no interest in selling electric vehicles that don't make them money on parts and service. Parts and service is the bread and butter for the dealers. Plus, the EV for sale will be COOL because it's a Nikola. Also probably be like Saturn with a no haggle, MSRP is the price. No dealer markup for high demand vehicles.

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
So Nikola is just there to whore out its name, that's all it is, just a name. Why are they even bothering to pretend building a factory? Like I've said before, Nikola CEO Trevor Milton is just a... WANKER. Wait, what was Nikola Tesla's middle name? Maybe I'll draw up a plan for an all new truck, call it LATES, or KOLATE, and after threatening to barge in on the big three's grip on auto sales, sell it to the biggest pimp... ?

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I can see GM spinning off a BEV line of vehicles under the Nikola brand. It would be a totally separate brand which is only sold online. Buyers would take delivery and get service/warranty work completed at any of the 4,100 authorized GM dealers around the country.

GM’s Mary Barra and her executive team are being smart. They can see the writing on the wall and want to be ahead of the curve to avoid becoming the next Kodak or Blockbuster fatality. They are pivoting towards BEV’s thanks to one electric vehicle player that they didn’t take seriously at first. Tesla.

I am looking forward to the fall reveal of the all electric 1k HP GMC Hummer pickup. It appears that the GMC Hummer and Cybertruck will start production around the same time in late 2021.

Last edited:

meddle

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco
Country flag
Mary Barra is no dummy - this is a marketing buy and GM has already discussed spinning off their EV business as it's own unit.
Thoughts on the next 12 months?

1. Nikola executive team will be bounced out
  2. The Badger will be cancelled
  3. The Arizona production facility will be cancelled
  4. GM will announce they have acquired the entirety of Nikola in a fraction of the IPO valuation
GM will focus on Rivian as a viable product, but this gives them an outside investment apart from Ford whom I believe has a fraction of interest in Rivian as well.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
To be Honest. Nikola is at least an American company. So in reality i hope they succeed. Getting more EV's and emissions free vehicles on the road is what its all about, and if this truck appeals to people the cyber truck doesn't then i can stand behind that.
Sponsored